Alcoves on the Reflection Recently?

ChuckL

I heard that a change had already been made or was scheduled to be made to the Alcoves on the Reflection to allow them to face the sea instead of the lawn. Can anyone confirm this?

I’ve also read in some older posts on Cruise Critic that the amenities delivered to the cabana ON THE REFLECTION are either different or the same on port days versus sailing days. I have been told by both the Captain’s Club and my personal vacation planner that the amenities received are the same irregardless of the rental type of day.

Could anyone that has rented a Reflection Alcove recently elaborate on the amenities received on a port day? Thanks much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately they don’t face out to sea. We booked again for a port day in April - instead of the wonderful cheese and fruit plates we were offered the sea food tower from the porch for free. That would be a waste for us so we just asked for the usual cheese and fruit.

Wendy

Was on Reflection last month. We had pre-booked Alcoves for both sea days and a few port days--port heavy Western Med itinerary but with a few repeat spots for us.

1) They face inward--towards the lawn. Because the walk-way goes behind them--and overlooks the water--if they were turned around for full sea view any sense of privacy would be lost. Changing this could be a good thing but would/will require substantial redesign.

2) The standard benefits are the same in port & @ sea. BUT there is an incentive offered on some (most?) port days of seafood tower in order to sell more alcove reservations.

As I said,we pre-booked several days, but after one port day and one sea day we canceled our remaining reservations. (NO problem with refund--showed up on my account in under 24 hours of cancelling.)For us they just didn't prove to be worthwhile. The crew is super and very attentive so absolutely no complaints about them. The the Alcoves just turned out not to be for us-- the negatives included: the giant video display with fairly constantly running ads or programing, insanely loud music even when the area was empty (we did get that muted once), furnishings that looked a bit more comfortable than they proved to be, and finally, the one that gave rise to the OP's question-- having our backs to the sea. I think that if I were traveling without a good balcony, or as part of more than a duo, the Alcoves as they are could turn out to be a good thing--and definitely could be a great meeting spot for families or groups. Beyond those situations they just didn't turn out to be for me.

We have reserved an alcove for our upcoming Ultimate Southern Caribbean Sailing in April. We are new to Celebrity. What is a seafood tower?

Is the loud music the band?

Music is recorded. And may not bother most folks--it's the standard soundtrack that plays thru-out the ships' public areas, just not something we care to be around when we can avoid it.

I'm a vegetarian so didn't partake, but appears to be fairly similar to towers offered in landbased seafood places.

On board, the Tower comes from the Porch(from celebrity website):

Seafood Tower

Jumbo Prawns

Chilled Lobster Tail

Scallops

Mussels & Seafood Salad

Enjoy

We have reserved an alcove for our upcoming Ultimate Southern Caribbean Sailing in April. We are new to Celebrity. What is a seafood tower?

Is the loud music the band?

Which sailing are you taking in April? We’re sailing on April 1 and have reserved our Alcove for the day the ship sails into Aruba at 4pm. Still counts as a port day rental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was a choice of a bottle of champagne/wine/Grey Goose part of the offerings? Bottled water? Cold towels?

Prosecco (later gifted to crew) and 4 or so bottles of water along with cheese plate. Towels--although ambient temperature--I'm afraid

Which sailing are you taking in April? We’re sailing on April 1 and have reserved our Alcove for the day the ship sails into Aruba at 4pm. Still counts as a port day rental.

We are sailing on the 12th. i didnt know about 4pm reservation. interesting....did you reserve through TA or Celebrity direct?

Sent from my RCT6603W87M7 using Tapatalk

We are sailing on the 12th. i didnt know about 4pm reservation. interesting....did you reserve through TA or Celebrity direct?

The reservation is from 9am to 9pm, but is charged as a port day instead of a sea day even though the ship is sailing UNTIL 4pm when it arrives in Aruba. I booked it directly through Celebrity.

The reservation is from 9am to 9pm, but is charged as a port day instead of a sea day even though the ship is sailing UNTIL 4pm when it arrives in Aruba. I booked it directly through Celebrity.

Oh I see. All of our ports are early arrival. late departuree

Oh I see. All of our ports are early arrival. late departuree

I guess your 10 day Ultimate Caribbean Cruise must have different ports or port times than our 11 day on April 1. I guess we just lucked out with the times on our itinerary. We’ll take great care of the Reflection for you so you can have a great trip right after ours. [emoji41]

I guess your 10 day Ultimate Caribbean Cruise must have different ports or port times than our 11 day on April 1. I guess we just lucked out with the times on our itinerary. We’ll take great care of the Reflection for you so you can have a great trip right after ours. [emoji41]

Yes we have different port. Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia, St Kitts and St Maarten. This trip coincides with school vacation week or I would have opted for yours

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting to hear everyone’s opinion on these! Seems worth it for a port day at $99 but $249 for a sea days seems crazy high for what’s offered! Personally the comments about the noise from the screen if off putting!

I did receive clarification from a private message that I sent to @CelebrityCruise on Twitter stating that the Alcove amenities on port and sea days are the same. They also said, “Here is more information on the Alcove amenities: Choice of: Veuve Rose, Grey Goose, or bottle of white wine

Bucket of 6 assorted beers

4 Bottles of Evian Ltr

Butler service (phone available)

Chilled towels

Complimentary viewing of films of the Lawn Club (if booking on a Taste of Film evening).”

I did receive clarification from a private message that I sent to @CelebrityCruise on Twitter stating that the Alcove amenities on port and sea days are the same. They also said, “Here is more information on the Alcove amenities: Choice of: Veuve Rose, Grey Goose, or bottle of white wine

Bucket of 6 assorted beers

4 Bottles of Evian Ltr

Butler service (phone available)

Chilled towels

Complimentary viewing of films of the Lawn Club (if booking on a Taste of Film evening).”

I find it interesting that they told you about the alcohol because it says nothing about it online.

I find it interesting that they told you about the alcohol because it says nothing about it online.

I actually saw it on one of the non-US (Celebrity Australia?) websites and this was also told to me by my Celebrity vacation planner. When I also saw the difference on the website is when I contacted them via Twitter and had the info corroborated.

I actually saw it on one of the non-US (Celebrity Australia?) websites and this was also told to me by my Celebrity vacation planner. When I also saw the difference on the website is when I contacted them via Twitter and had the info corroborated.

Good to know. Thought is the only place I saw it online was the Australian site.

• 2 weeks later...
I cannot find a way to book an alcove on my cruises, online on mycelebrity. Can anyone guide me?

Look under the dining section. Book for only one person - even though more can be in the Alcove. May give you the option of a silly time of 3am but just accept it and then it is yours for the day.

Wendy

• 1 month later...

I am sitting in an alcove right now. $99 port day charge, as we are in Barcelona, sailing away at 5. Our 2nd day in Barca, so I had done enough yesterday. Two of 10 alcoves in use. Rest are vacant. I did not receive a bottle of alcohol or wine, but all I have to do is lift the phone to have them bring me a glass. Pity they are yucky acrylic wine glasses. You may use your premium or classic beverage packages for drinks, of course. They brought us lunch from a very limited food service menu - hamburger, club sandwich, pizza type offerings. Cheese plate and cold water, towels, thats about it. Staff are nice, and they muted the useless movie (that cannot be viewed with the sun shining directly on it all day!) I will cancel my 2nd booked day. Not worth it overall.

I am sitting in an alcove right now. $99 port day charge, as we are in Barcelona, sailing away at 5. Our 2nd day in Barca, so I had done enough yesterday. Two of 10 alcoves in use. Rest are vacant. I did not receive a bottle of alcohol or wine, but all I have to do is lift the phone to have them bring me a glass. Pity they are yucky acrylic wine glasses. You may use your premium or classic beverage packages for drinks, of course. They brought us lunch from a very limited food service menu - hamburger, club sandwich, pizza type offerings. Cheese plate and cold water, towels, thats about it. Staff are nice, and they muted the useless movie (that cannot be viewed with the sun shining directly on it all day!) I will cancel my 2nd booked day. Not worth it overall.

Well, if you read my posts earlier in the thread, you can't say that you weren't warned.. :-) I agree that the idea is so cool that one almost has to try it, but the reality leaves lots to be desired.