Tendering and time

gigem_aggies

We arrive in GC at 7:00 am and have a 9:00 excursion booked through Captain Marvin’s—a charter for our large group. We did not purchase FTTF, so we do not have priority tender. The confirmation email says we need to arrive at the excursion office by 8:30-8:40.

1) How far is the excursion office from the port?

2) What time should we plan to get into line for the tender?

Question 1. 3.8 km

Question 2. 7:30 will likely leave you plenty of time. If memory serves me correctly we just walked from the dock. Just turn left on N. Church. Take the bus or a cab.

You can use Google maps to show you exactly where it is. The tender ride is very short. A good number of passengers that stay up half the night drinking won’t even be out of bed that early.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unless Captain Marvins moved since we've been there 3.8 km (2 1/3 miles) cannot be accurate. I recall it taking us approx. 10 minutes to walk there & we are not young. Just make a left when you get thru arrival area & walk to storefront in a strip mall.

I like to be early for everything so not stressed. I'd just get up early & try to be one of the first tenders. If you are too early grab a pastry & coffee from a shop you'll pass on the way (if bakery still there).