Mailing letters and cards on board

flyfisher44

On the Viking River cruises, you could leave a letter you wanted to mail at the front desk. They would mail it and charge the cost of the stamp to your shipboard account. Is there a similar arrangement on the Ocean ships?

Excellent question!

Hedge your bets and ask on the "Live on the Midnight Sun" thread if someone could kindly check it out for you. "Live" means they are currently on board and reporting and answering questions about the ship and the itinerary.

On the Viking River cruises, you could leave a letter you wanted to mail at the front desk. They would mail it and charge the cost of the stamp to your shipboard account. Is there a similar arrangement on the Ocean ships?

Exactly the same on Ocean!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly the same on Ocean!

That is good news. I have sent so many post cards to the US from Europe and so many have never arrived. I am never sure I am being sold the correct postage. I was in a hurry in Egypt, ended up paying the equivalent of $15 for two post cards and they never arrived. The man who sold me those post cards and stamps knew he was ripping me off. I just didn't have time to argue with him since the tour group was leaving. I'll neve buy post cards in haste again; lesson learned.

That is good news. I have sent so many post cards to the US from Europe and so many have never arrived. I am never sure I am being sold the correct postage. I was in a hurry in Egypt, ended up paying the equivalent of $15 for two post cards and they never arrived. The man who sold me those post cards and stamps knew he was ripping me off. I just didn't have time to argue with him since the tour group was leaving. I'll neve buy post cards in haste again; lesson learned.

We’ve mailed postcards from each of our 4 cruises, ocean and river. All have arrived!