Time for Stingrays & Snuba??

smokiebk

I'd like to do both a Stingray City and Snuba excursion, and I was wondering if the following scenario sounds acceptable...as long as all the times stay this way, of course:

- Ship is at port from 7am-4pm

- Snuba excursion is from 9:30am-12pm. This is a cruiseline excursion, as from what I can discern, this is the only way to book Snuba in GC.

- Stingray tour through Soto's is from 1pm-3pm.

Is an hour between excursions and an hour before departure enough of a buffer to account for minor delays and getting to/from each location?? Or is it pushing it? How common is it for cruiselines and tour operators to change their scheduled times? Our cruise is for the first week in April. Thanks.

- Snuba excursion is from 9:30am-12pm. This is a cruiseline excursion, as from what I can discern, this is the only way to book Snuba in GC.

When i doubt book all excursions thru the cruise ship and they will NOT leave you. Even though I am about to go on my first cruise, weveral veteran cruisers have told me this repeatedly.

Hello we are going on the same cruise. I was also wondering about snuba and if there was anywhere else to do it other than the through the ship.

Ya, you mentioned it in our Roll Call...which got me thinking, as I was considering Snuba in Belize, but it's considerably cheaper in GC ($69 vs. $110). I've been searching for an independant Snuba operator, and even emailed Kirk Sea Tours, and they replied back saying they only book through the cruiselines. I called Carnival today to ask them their opinion on all the timing, and he said we'd be okay.

yeah sorry I went back to roll call and realized it was you I had talked to about the same subject. I figure I will just do it with the ship and then do the cave tubing in belizewith an outside company and sit on the beach the other two days:cool: .

now that it looks like we'll be able to do Snuba and the Singrays in GC, I don't have any conflict with cave tubing in Belize.

we can talk about it in the roll call, but we should all try booking cave tubing together, and maybe we'll get a deal.

Archived