Resort for a day vs. booking a room

kbdct

Would love to hear the pros and cons of just booking a room at the resort of our choice versus buying day passes.

We are a family of 4 (two adults, one pre-teen and one teenager) and just want access to some resort facilities while we're in port for the day. I've noticed that a lot of day passes include extras like food and drink, but we don't necessarily need those things.

Some day passes can be 2 to 3 times the price of a hotel room when all is said and done, so it makes much more economic sense for us to just book a room.

Is this practice frowned upon or am I missing something?

Would love to hear the pros and cons of just booking a room at the resort of our choice versus buying day passes.

We are a family of 4 (two adults, one pre-teen and one teenager) and just want access to some resort facilities while we're in port for the day. I've noticed that a lot of day passes include extras like food and drink, but we don't necessarily need those things.

Some day passes can be 2 to 3 times the price of a hotel room when all is said and done, so it makes much more economic sense for us to just book a room.

Is this practice frowned upon or am I missing something?

You may not be able to check in to a room in the morning, so you wouldn’t be able to use the room on a cruise schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You may not be able to check in to a room in the morning, so you wouldn’t be able to use the room on a cruise schedule.

That would be ok because we're more interested in just using the resort facilities (pool, beach chairs, sports equipment, etc.) Having access to a room would be a nice plus, but it's not necessary. Cost wise it just seems that we would get more for less by booking a room, even if we didn't use it.

That would be ok because we're more interested in just using the resort facilities (pool, beach chairs, sports equipment, etc.) Having access to a room would be a nice plus, but it's not necessary. Cost wise it just seems that we would get more for less by booking a room, even if we didn't use it.

If the resort room price is cheaper than the day pass for 4 persons, it should be ok to reserve/pay for a room. Have you looked at Resort for a Day web site? They sometimes offer different packages at the same resort.

Have you been able to find any Resort for a Day in St. Thomas? I haven't been able to find any.

Marriott Morning Star used to offer passes but it looks like it's closed through 2018 for hurricane repairs. I guess that's out! We're looking at other stops on our cruise, though, since my husband has a lot of Hilton and Marriott points.