Royal Caribbean Fights Back!

LauraS

Yeah, I know.......What I don't understand is why someone who clearly, has no connection with this specific cruiseline, continues to come to this board and badger all who post here. It's one thing to add something intelligent to the conversation, but it's another to post here specifically to stir the pot.

I think I hear NCL calling.........:rolleyes:

Good job corona.You caught him.

rci is guilty of a cover up at the minimum.

I find it great that they finally have to pay the piper for thier misdeeds

You simply cannot treat people as cargo when somebody goes missing to meet a deadline.

I would say most people would not mind being delayed if a person was killed during thier cruise. I say most people not all, I know most of the posters to this thread would probably complain.

btw it's just not RCI but all cruiselines "The gig is up, it's time to be held accountable for your actions when a crime is commited on board"

And for all the people killing Oprah, I thought her show was great and if RCI was not guilty why was the president kissing up to jen and apologizing ? Hum? HUH?

Alright, alright. "We get it".

Is this the only reason you come here? Is thiss the only subject on the Royal board you have any opinion about? Are you trying to get this thread thrown off?

Many of us are biased to Royal Caribbean. Have you noticed you are on a Royal Caribbean thread? Notice the number of cruises we sail with them in our signatures?

So some of us might be a little obsessed. Big deal. Many of us like having an outlet to discuss this particular "obsession". Don't we have this right?

You are entitled to your opinion but don't try to sabotage this thread and try a little less (anger) emotion, please.

ts has fallen over board, does anyone have a life jacket handy...just don't make it an RCCL one.

ts, I'm on your side, we should shoot first and find out what happened later. If we ain't sure, we should just hang the whole lot of them (wearing logo wear) so the guilty does not go free, or get free seapass charges.

I do want to know if Marie's CD has been auctioned on Ebay yet? :D

and my husband is downstairs all ticked no football til 2/5........... and I am up here in our office having on big laugh at your post. He asked if I have the Baileys.......... I told him we are all doing ABSINTHE nightly together in our shot glasses filled comps of RCCL.

ts has fallen over board, does anyone have a life jacket handy...just don't make it an RCCL one.

ts, I'm on your side, we should shoot first and find out what happened later. If we ain't sure, we should just hang the whole lot of them (wearing logo wear) so the guilty does not go free, or get free seapass charges.

Excellent, even marked Dominic from CC who had her leaning all over him, yet not trying to pick him up. I have been searching for another post he may have left somewhere but -0- & then you find this! WONDERFUL!

So happy to have been useful.

When I went on the Mariner, I shared a balcony room much like the Smith cabin. At one point, I was out on the balcony when one of my roomies opened the hallway door while talking to the cabin steward. I was sucked partially into the cabin and she was blown back across the hallway! She burst out laughing & said, "Kim! Close the door!"

Has this been thought of yet?

How about after they guys start to settle down, (after all the noise and the people next door hear "good bye, good bye" George goes out to the balcony, and is getting up on the rail when they guys open the door to leave and (like others have mentioned -- whoosh!!) he looses his balance, tries to right himself, and by the time the door closes, (meaning no one sees this happen) he looses balance again and goes over?

(As for the blood, no one really knows how much blood was in the cabin; obviously not enough to notice at a glance; maybe one of them got cut while shaving, or had a nosebleed.:confused: )

And for all the people killing Oprah, I thought her show was great and if RCI was not guilty why was the president kissing up to jen and apologizing ? Hum? HUH?

Nobody is "killing" Oprah. But if you are a regular viewer of Oprah you had to have noticed that she was not "doing" that show. That was Gayle King's baby. Ms King looked at O 2 or 3 times and said "I believe her" when O had a confused look on her face.

As for the Pres "kissing up" I don't think so. Yes, RCI should have helped her arrange transportation home and he apologized for that.

But one must still question why, when you've got the Pres of the company you are claiming covered up a murder, why do you spend almost all your time talking about how you feel they mistreated you and then in the last minute mention your DH.

Leaving O totally out of this, all I saw on the show was a women more concerned about herself and her reputation.

When I went on the Mariner, I shared a balcony room much like the Smith cabin. At one point, I was out on the balcony when one of my roomies opened the hallway door while talking to the cabin steward. I was sucked partially into the cabin and she was blown back across the hallway! She burst out laughing & said, "Kim! Close the door!"

Has this been thought of yet?

Possibility? Mentioned the wind issue a couple of times. I had never thought of it as a possible cause this way though.

My experience was the opposite. When I had a D1 on the Radiance, the air movement came from the interior of the ship everytime the cabin door was opened and the balcony door was also open. The wind blew through the cabin and out through the blacony and it was very strong "in" the cabin but not so strong out on the balcony.

I have found my New Years Resolution. I have tried to engage ts in a civilized debate, I have asked ts nicely to treat those with differing opinions respectfully, I have found humor in his/her posts and attempted gentle banter. My resolution is to ignore this poster who is determined to insult and annoy those of us who do not share his lofty opinions.

A toast to all who join me......

I have found my New Years Resolution. I have tried to engage ts in a civilized debate, I have asked ts nicely to treat those with differing opinions respectfully, I have found humor in his/her posts and attempted gentle banter. My resolution is to ignore this poster who is determined to insult and annoy those of us who do not share his lofty opinions.

My glass is up.:)

cheers.gifthumbs-up.gif

The logo wear from RCCL & the sweatercoat from Marie.

Wonder if Jean has given the check from Oprah to Marie for her stuff. The pay is nice! I was on 20/20 with Barbara Walters who saw me on local TV warning folks about dialing 911 from a cell phone in Cleveland, since CPD doesn't have cell ID to find you. The calls goto Kelly Services in Columbus & they take a message & call police if necessary. People die before anyone shows. So just call CPD or CFD for assistance, and also John Walsh when he had CPD as guests. He's a great friend and was in town for his lost person area of his AMW show on the 2 teenage girls both missing from the same intersection one year apart. So he stopped at BK for a burger & 5 of us were in there on break & he befriended us.

After the interviews with her on the ship, then Marie accompanies her to the Turkish police & the Judge's chambers after the hospital checkup, and at no time did she say shee wanted to go home. It was when the U S Consulate asked her that she stated she wanted her dad to come there or to go home. SO they took care of her with that. So why is RCCL to blame when the government took over. They had her belongings brought to them even the contents of the safe was take by the Consulate agent for Jen.

So no, RCCL wasn;t to blame, she never asked to told them she wanted to go home. She made 3 phonecalls on their phone tho........ 7 on the FBI agent's cell also.

Nobody is "killing" Oprah. But if you are a regular viewer of Oprah you had to have noticed that she was not "doing" that show. That was Gayle King's baby. Ms King looked at O 2 or 3 times and said "I believe her" when O had a confused look on her face.

As for the Pres "kissing up" I don't think so. Yes, RCI should have helped her arrange transportation home and he apologized for that.

But one must still question why, when you've got the Pres of the company you are claiming covered up a murder, why do you spend almost all your time talking about how you feel they mistreated you and then in the last minute mention your DH.

Leaving O totally out of this, all I saw on the show was a women more concerned about herself and her reputation.

If we are reading the same board (bushy) I am convinced that that key swipe was purely supposition on the part of the poster. It is merely his theory of what he believes will come out once all the info. is released. At least that is how I read it.

Indeed, this from bushy. I have been checking that board out for a while and like this one, there are some wild theories, rumors, etc. That is actually part of the fascination with this story. As stated, sometimes rumor turns out to be fact, so I thought I would introduce that tidbit over here to see what the buzz would be. Apparently, not much. JHS on Opra seems to be a bigger topic.

IF, indeed, there was a swipe of JHS seapass any time between 2:30 AM and 4:30 AM, that would introduce a whole new dimension to this. Note that Mr. Moto carefully measured the distance from the cabin to where JHS was found and timed the trip. Could it be because he needs to explain something? Just wondering...

I apologize. Not meant to be insulting at all. I understood Mr. Moto to be a Japanease American character from novels much like a James Bond type of investigator. Only referred to him with that in mind. Again, please accept my apology (coming from someone who is part Native American amoung other things).

Can I ask one small favor? Please stop referring to Dr. Lee as Mr. Moto. It's very demeaning to someone who's Chinese!

Anita - 3/4 Chinese and proud of it!

I don't understand. Why would a reference to Mr. Moto, be demeaning to Chinese people?

I mean that sincerely. Can you elaborate?

Dr. Lee as far as I'm concerned is a paid gun just like the lawyers. Six months after the fact, he is HIRED to find evidence that the FBI and/or Turkish authorities left behind. Quite frankly, I think it's a little pathetic and just another means of keeping RCI in an unfavourable light. (Maybe he'll plant it!!!)

Can I ask one small favor? Please stop referring to Dr. Lee as Mr. Moto. It's very demeaning to someone who's Chinese!

Anita - 3/4 Chinese and proud of it!

No offense meant to you. I think it is no more demeaning than the references to us U.S. southerners as "rednecks". I have found that it is better to not take ourselves so seriously and to be able to laugh at ourselves a little once in a while. Obviously things can be carried too far and that should be avoided. Frankly, I think the Mr. Moto reference is a caricature and is not meant to be offensive to a group of people.

Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the cable guy, and the rest of the Blue Collar comedy tour are making a pretty good living making fun of us southerners. I watch and laugh along, because as Larry says “I don’t care who you are, that’s funny right there.”

Personally, I hope Mr. Moto can "Git 'er done.";)

Archived