Royal Caribbean Fights Back!

LauraS

so I just added Rita, Joe Scumbag, Greta, Dateline, Abrams Report & they all just tape away while we cruise so I cna FF thru them to see if any new news to share. No times needed, TIVO knows & you can get more than 1 show per day if they are repeated. Add those to the CSI's, 24, and all the rest & we have plenty to watch next morning & dinner.

So, does anyone know the TV schedule for the week? I will be in Orlando, and want to set the TiVo. I know I can set it from anywhere, but it does take at least 24 hours to go through the web, and if there is a show, other than Greta, I should set it for now, I'd like to do that...:)

If Henry Lee had found anything on the ship that pointed the finger toward murder you know we would have heard from the Smith's and their lawyers by now. We all know they can not keep quiet about things they should. The photos case in point.

Money talks and I doubt Henry Lee is doing this for free. They knew from the second day they where going to sue and they know which lawyers to contact. Jennifer Smith's lawyer is the same lawyer handling a case against Carnival on a rape charge.

He had asked that Carnival turn over all their information on rapes that occurred on their ships in the past 3 years. They did not want to and the judge told them they had to. However seeing what he did with the pictures that Royal Caribbean gave him they asked the judge to make sure he did not release the information to the public. He just wants to drag the cruiselines through the mud. The judge agreed and said he can not release that information. The judge said that James Walker who is the lawyer does say things in interviews that he should not. I do not remember what she said exactly. but if the information gets out I hope put him in jail. Lawyers will say and do anything to win their case no matter what.

My other question is have The Smith's actually filed their lawsuits yet?

She had Dr Lee & Dr Michael Baden on & both were very entertaining with loads of laughter. Only Greta can do this......... if there is a video, do watch it.

As far as Dr Lee announcing to us what he found, as he states his office does their write up & then ads FBI & Turk info to it like a jig saw puzzle for the answer. So it is accident or murder.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182983,00.html

Corona, it may be that DW's attorney is fronting Lee's fee, or lee is working on a contingency arrangement of some sort.

I believe he has referred to DW and her attorney as his client, and he appears to be treating them as such.

I would think that DW's attorney made the selection based upon who would give DW the best outcome in any claims against RCCL...if not the attorney ain't doing his job. IMHO

Corona, it may be that DW's attorney is fronting Lee's fee, or lee is working on a contingency arrangement of some sort.

I believe he has referred to DW and her attorney as his client, and he appears to be treating them as such.

I would think that DW's attorney made the selection based upon who would give DW the best outcome in any claims against RCCL...if not the attorney ain't doing his job. IMHO

Yeah, you're probably right. After I thought about it, I thought, nah, he wouldn't do that. If he is on contingency though, whan happens if they lose, LOL.....who pays then? That's a little like counting your chickens before they're hatched, isn't it?:rolleyes:

I don't know how suits like that would be handled, but I'm guessing that JHS and RCI could agree to mediation or something, then they would pay based on the risk level for them to take it to court. I just don't think this will ever go to court, but it may, especially if RCI did nothing wrong.

Jennifer may settle out of court with Royal Caribbean but what about George Smith's family. I do not think they will settle. I do not even think if the FBI comes out and says it was an accident they will believe it. They will still think it is murder.

Great asked a good question on her show the other night, why is it taken the FBI so long. They should know something by now. Hopefully they will come out with something soon and settle this once and for all.

DNA first off to prove he was inside of her or NO RAPE! OR was she hired to go onboard & concoct this????

As far as who is paying Dr Lee, Greta addressed him as hired by Walker.

Rita & Joe Scumbag state hired by the Smiths.

Just saw this on another thread. It looks like more trouble aboard a RCCL ship.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183194,00.html

I don't understand. Why would a reference to Mr. Moto, be demeaning to Chinese people?

I mean that sincerely. Can you elaborate?

Safe, Mr. Moto is a Shirlock Holmes style hero from the 30's. Now if that is insulting to you, that really is something you need to have taken care of. Mr. Moto celebrates his culture (and probably so does Dr. Lee), just like most of us do as we are secure in who and what we are and where we came from.

I'm 100% Chinese - Cantonese to be exact - so take this response for what it's worth.

I think the primary umbrage taken at this point is that "Mr Moto" is Japanese. "Dr Lee" is Chinese.

We are two different nationalities, though it seems like most of the US outside of the coastal states (where there are more varieties of Asians and Asian Americans) wouldn't care to tell the difference.

For those who are from Europe, it is similar to calling someone of Catalan descent "Spanish"; Or someone from Ireland "Scottish". It is similarly akin to calling someone from Palistine "Jewish"; Or someone from Pakistan "Indian" (I won't even go into the less-than-PC issue of "dots" vs. "feathers".)

On a global "stuff that I'm worried about" context, I don't really care, personally. It irks me sometimes, though. Even in Southern California, where certain cities are close to 90% Asian, I recall fondly in 2nd grade how all my non-Asian classmates immediately assumed I knew 'kung fu' and would pick fights with me. I also recall fondly how all my teachers thought I was 'slow', because I couldn't speak a lick of English that first year my family immigrated. (I have since made it a personal challenge to out do native English speakers in their own language)

But, as TS would say... let's get back on topic. :D

What this points out to is that there is a lot of ignorance (not pointing at anyone directly) or intolerance towards different lifestyles or cultures or whatnot. One person's "Absolutely Sober" might be another person's "Falling down drunk". One person's perception of "a room that's totally normal" might be another person's "woah, what a mess". One can only hope that those interpreting eye-witness accounts keep these nuances in mind.

He probably will reschedule, but when's the next time a Radiance class ship will be in drydock?

She's going to be in drydock for nearly two weeks. I was under the impression they were just trying to schedule another day for this particular ship in drydock other than Feb 5th. Maybe I misinterpreted.

T

I've read in several places (which ultimately may trace back to a singular source) that the Smith's had $50,000 in their possession as gifts from the wedding. The money could have been motive for foul play. But, if indeed they did have this money, then it would have logically been kept in the room safe, the contents of which were delivered to Jennifer when she was "abandoned" on the pier in Turkey. If that money had been missing, don't you think we'd have heard about it from the widow?

As far as the coverup goes, if RCI did try to cover this up, they did a spectacularly horrid job of it. I mean, GS went missing at 4:30am and by 8:30am the authorities had been notified.

Something tells me that Henry Lee is doing this pro bono. He likes the publicity, and for him to cancel going onto the Radiance, when she is in drydock, to do the dummy test, doesn't make sense if JHS is paying him. He said he has another commitment, like a speech or something. Seems to me, now that he has the opportunity to do the dummy test, he backs down.......
How long is the Radiance going to be in drydock? I'm assuming longer than 1 day.

Hard to believe that he would pass up the chance to do the test, considering how he made such a big deal about it.

And when did Dr. Lee say he had to cancel? I must have missed that.

First off ignorance is bliss.

How can anybody take anything you say seriously after your first comment?:confused:

There's an old expression : "Its better

to be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it!"

Glug glug glug :D

Ok, disagreeing with other cruise critic members is one thing, being rude on occasion .... that happens too, but when you "intone" name calling of fellow cruise critic members, it's time to go. Go back and have some NCL "kool aid", barkeep.

BTW, there's another old expression. It's starts "if you have nothing nice to say" etc.....

as Dr Lee illuded to. So he is cancelling 2/5. I also wonder if he has put a drydock vs wind, waves, and a body = very different movement for a fall.

How long is the Radiance going to be in drydock? I'm assuming longer than 1 day.

Hard to believe that he would pass up the chance to do the test' date=' considering how he made such a big deal about it.[/size']

And when did Dr. Lee say he had to cancel? I must have missed that.

Well, he may have wanted to do the tests while the boat was moving. Radiance drops off her last load of passengers in Miami on the 5th. Then she is off to the Bahamas and doesn't sail with passengers again until the 19th.

Tracy

Well, he may have wanted to do the tests while the boat was moving. Radiance drops off her last load of passengers in Miami on the 5th. Then she is off to the Bahamas and doesn't sail with passengers again until the 19th.

Tracy

I really do want him to do it. I think even though he can not reproduce the exact circumstances, it will be worth whatever he can learn from it, such as just the sound it would have made. Even though they are not moving across the water.

Corona, DW worships Maxine. Where did you get the picture used in your signature?

Am DVRing Greta tonite, should be interesting.

I have a whole page of them..if you post your email I will send them to you. Some of them are hysterical...

If you don't want to post it, we'll figure something else out...:confused: ..watching Greta now, waiting for the "big news", but I think it's that one kids attorney, that was on ABC last week...just a feeling I have...

Glug Glug GLug

Hmmmm, I know people are obsessing over this Smith thing, and I have actually tried to look at it about 100 different ways, but you are an extraordinarily rude menace.

Is there some way to put a stop to the personal insults this person is spewing without getting the whole thread tossed?

Tracy

Archived