Royal Caribbean Fights Back!

LauraS

As per my post above, Jennifer has hired, as of 1/31/06, the "Reputation Doctor" Mike Paul to put a more positive spin on her.

I was supporting your post because that seemed to be what I saw on the show. JHS can not show up on an interview show because her concern for herself is all that comes across. The few minutes she devoted to GS was not one of a loving wife. But a statement prepared by someone makes her seem that way. The statement eliminates the "me" part of her real concern... herself.

I can understand her not thinking of question to ask when the events occured. Giving her the benefit of doubt, she probably was in shock. But it was months later when she had the opportunity to speak with the Pres of RCI and all she could talk about was her treatment. Most people, I believe, would have had a boatload of questions related to the actual situation.

What ever settlement she gets, a large portion will go to her spin doctors. And yes, I do think RCI will have to pay out on this. She'll probably still have magazine, book, and movie offers that will come in too.

She certainly won't have to worry about that "poorer" part she laughed about during her wedding.

Thanks for the support. I wasn't sure if the original post was clear enough to get the message across.

I agree with everything you said. Inside Edition doesn't come on til 11:30 pm here so I am patiently waiting to see this video. I anticipate hearing more "positive" things about her in the future. Not sure I will believe them, but you never know.

She's going to need big bucks from somewhere after hiring all these people. I might buy the paperback edition or watch the movie. I do love a mystery. :D

She's going to need big bucks from somewhere after hiring all these people. I might buy the paperback edition or watch the movie. I do love a mystery. :D

I don't think a book or a movie will solve the mystery. We'd need GS to come "back" to tell us what really happened. If course, he might not remember either!

Check these out....these are the words to their wedding song....maybe he thought he could let his soul and spirit fly....off the balcony!!

Into the Mystic by Van Morrison

We were born before the wind

Also younger than the sun

Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic

Hark, now hear the sailors cry

Smell the sea and feel the sky

Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic

And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home

And when that fog horn blows I want to hear it

I don’t have to fear it

I want to rock your gypsy soul

Just like way back in the days of old

Then magnificently we will float into the mystic

And when that fog horn blows you know I will be coming home

And when thst fog horn whistle blows I got to hear it

I don’t have to fear it

I want to rock your gypsy soul

Just like way back in the days of old

And together we will float into the mystic

Come on girl...

That is one of the most beautiful songs ever written and is a personal favorite. There is a lot to criticize about this couple, but their choice of wedding song is one I would make myself (and I am sure one that millions of others have made as well.)

Tracy

Question to married couples who have had a video made for their wedding who would have gotten a copy and do you think George and Jennifer acted like the perfect honeymoon couple.

The only people who got a copy of my wedding tape was myself and the person I hired to film it. Maybe the person that the Smith's hired sold it to Inside Edition.

GS & JHS acted like no honeymoon couples that I know.

Get ahold of Greta with the info on Victor you got & tell her how you found it & if she can get him on to learn if he is daddy of "The Russians" or how he is a neighbor of George & Jen??? I was going to quote it, but thought about it being better from "The Horse's Mouth". Also who are Paul & Galina, the other honeymooners that they were such good friends with & heard George slept with the them a few times from Jen in interviews.

Lets get a GOOD SHOW COMPLIMENTS OF CRUISE CRITIC'S INVESTIGATORS............. also suggest a psychic to tell her George is still ALIVE! Then Geraldo will head to Greece, Italy, even Turkey looking for him.......

Ok, who is Victor? Do you mean Walter-whatever his name is??

I just got home from Orlando, and I am beat. Just trying to catch up to this post, then going to bed. Been a LONG week, in a hotel, and I am so glad to be home. I'll be back to normal tomorrow.;)

I would so love to hear what the locals are saying.

Why do we not hear friends of George and Jennifer coming forward to say what a wonderful couple they were? Does anyone have links to the local papers?

With the exception of one guy very early on who defended George's honor -

May have been in the wedding party and totally blamed RCI for everything - you are right - NO ONE has come forward to defend GS or JHS - Hmnnnn

There have been afew posts here and on the other two posts about the woman who was raped that people are defending the cruiseline. Well I say what is wrong with that. Is the cruiseline perfect no. But if someone does not like what the media or another posters says about the cruise then they are free to express their opinion. The rest of us are then free to express our opinions with being rude. So if I say I do not think the cruiseline tried to cover up anything and I do not like the Smith's then that is my opinion, so you can agree with me or disagree. After all that is why we live in America isn't to be free to express ourselves. Freedom of speech.

Now with that said, the Today show had Deborah Norville from Inside Edition on this morning. They have the wedding video from the Smith's wedding. At the end of the interview you find out that someone sold the video to them. matt asked her if someone was just trying to make money from this. she said maybe they where just trying to show that the couple was happy together. Well if they want to show that why not just give them the tape.

Jennifer Hagel Smith's family did not want the video shown. Why. We know they where they where not the happy couple the family is trying to show them as. Jennifer amitted George had on one night before stayed in another cabin. Deborah said they did not act like a honeymoon couple. She point out on the tape that after the I do's the couple walk down the aisle looking at at other people and not each other, she said some people could read something into that. Also the song they picked for their first dance. She also asked why they where partying with a younger crowd. The video is 3 hours long and we be show today and tomorrow on Inside Edition.

Question to married couples who have had a video made for their wedding who would have gotten a copy and do you think George and Jennifer acted like the perfect honeymoon couple. Another think Deborah said was about the cop next door. She said he was not questioned by Turkish police but I remember reading somewhere, can not remember where but when he he got back on the ship in Turkey, he was pulled aside by security and asked to talk to investigators. Any one else see this.

I think the more I hear about what was going on with George being upset his wife was not in the room and they could not find her after they went looking for her I think it was an accident. He was upset, drunk and if he went out to the balcony and sat on the railing he could have fallen. Will we ever know, maybe not but I hope that someone does not get falsely accused of anything just to make the family happy.

In theory the only people who would have copies of the wedding video were the Videographer, the Smiths or the Hegels. More than likely GS and JHS never saw them since they went on their honeymoon right after the wedding.

Maybe Bree is trying to paint her brother as a good guy - but to me the fact that a TV show would even offer to show it is tasteless and to pay money - is worse. Would be fun to have them say where they got it and why they would show it.

In theory the only people who would have copies of the wedding video were the Videographer, the Smiths or the Hegels. More than likely GS and JHS never saw them since they went on their honeymoon right after the wedding.

Maybe Bree is trying to paint her brother as a good guy - but to me the fact that a TV show would even offer to show it is tasteless and to pay money - is worse. Would be fun to have them say where they got it and why they would show it.

It may have been Jennifer or the PR guy she has hired looking to make a buck and show a more unified Jen and George so she looks good to the public. Who me cynical?

Are you kidding me??? Her husband is missing and presumed dead and she is worrying about her reputation? Another example of me' date=' me, me!![/size']

No joke. She is being tried by the court of public opinion and the jury pool could be tainted if there is any reason to bring charges against her.

Just wondering. I haven't kept up with all the details but has anyone ever questioned the people on deck seven where the groom supposedly "fell"? We have had balcony cabins on Radiance class, 8 times on deck 7 and believe you me, I would have heard a thud, especially when the guy above heard a loud bump. Usually you cheat and have your balcony door open a bit (which would make a fall more noticeable.) Sorry if this was discussed already. But truly I would have been out of bed checking what the noise was in a flash.

Just wondering. I haven't kept up with all the details but has anyone ever questioned the people on deck seven where the groom supposedly "fell"? We have had balcony cabins on Radiance class, 8 times on deck 7 and believe you me, I would have heard a thud, especially when the guy above heard a loud bump. Usually you cheat and have your balcony door open a bit (which would make a fall more noticeable.) Sorry if this was discussed already. But truly I would have been out of bed checking what the noise was in a flash.

Some of us were actually questioning whether or not the body falling that distance, and hitting 1/4 steel, would have even made "thud", and reverberated...I'm not sure it would have. I think the thud was on the balcony, as it would have been prone to a reverberation.

If he hit the canopy, I'm not sure it would have reverberated, as one side is open, allowing the sound to escsape. I posted about sound, and it's reflection/deflection, and reverberation a few pages back, and after doing that research, I have some questions about the "thud'

I also have to wonder if Clete hadn't fallen almost back to sleep, in a twilight state of sleep when he says he heard it, and if so, then the sound may have been a lot less than he actually heard, because everything seems amplified in that state of sleep.

I know that's happened to me a few times, sounds like a bomb goes off, but was really just the expansion/contraction of beams in my house....

Yes, I agree. I have always believed the thud was on the balcony not on the canopy.

Has anyone commented on the type of seas the ship was sailing throught that night? Were they rough? Placid? Was the ship rolling? Wave noise?

Yes, I agree. I have always believed the thud was on the balcony not on the canopy.

Has anyone commented on the type of seas the ship was sailing throught that night? Were they rough? Placid? Was the ship rolling? Wave noise?

I really wished we knew that. In the past, I have looked for archived wave action, and have not been able to find that info....

when I mentioned the psychic, Mary Ann Winkowski who was a guest on a local TV show, has a TV show written about her,which she writes storylines for with another guy who is a Medium.

She sat with my friend & I at the station I worked at in the 70's and I asked her about George Smith & she stated he is breathing, she feels it. I jumped up & hugged her asking her to feel him. Is he hurt as there was blood but he wasn't awake to feel him. Where is he, does she know? FBI has contacted her also for info as she is very good at finding dead or alive folks for them.

I watched her interview & tried not to laugh out loud when the host asked how they knew about her. She stated her name comes up on missing people with Police all over the world. So he meets with the Producer in LA at a Starbucks. He happens to ask how she find the ghosts & she tells him there at 5 in the store. She described them including a kid getting ready to dump his coffee as the cup fell to the floor with no one touching it. SHE WAS HIRED!

I hope I see her Saturday at the mall we both frequent as folks have no idea who she is.

Perhaps we can get the Ghost Whisperer involved. :D

as all the others I TIVO'd were into Yates, Entwhisle, and the latest the hachetman in a gay club.

Greta had Norville on, guess she is making the rounds to get her money back for the video. About 30 seconds of clips shown, no mention of money paid, just how beautiful Jen is & what a hunk George is. STUPID!

Archived