Zip Lines--gotta do it!

RealtorSandy

We were in St. Maarten in Dec with 4 kids...2-17 year olds, a 14 year old and 12 year old. Rented a van for the day and drove arund the island. We went straight to Loterie Farms from the cruise port and wre able to go straight on the course despite not having reservations. $30 each, about an hour and a half and the kids said it was the highlight of their trip. We were just finishing when the cruise excursion came and boy would I have been miffed if we had taken it. 40 people...they would be there the entire day. We then took the kids parasailing at $90 tandem on Orient each. Unfortunately they do not allow cameras on the boat but they will take photos and sell the film to you for $15. The pictures were very diappointing, we cant tell who was in the parasail as they use a cheap 35mm. Oh well, we have the memories. FYI...van was $100 for the day, roads are in terrible shape..especially heading to Loterie Farms. Any questions just email me at realtorsandy@gmail.com.

How are things in Halifax? Was born at Victoria Hospital and moved to Ontario. All my Relatives are McIsaacs on Vestry St. It's a large city but they have lived there all there lives. Been back a few dozen times but usually end up in Cape Breton, Judique area. Thanks for that info, I missed you where from Halifax on my first reply.

Ed

We would like to do almsot the same. get off the ship and head to the farm and beat the crowds. I was thinking more a Taxi ride both ways. Then shop for diamonds....... Thanks for the info.

Note that the taxis and buses are the same white vehicles. The buses are like $2 each and go basically the same routes (ask the driver) and normally stop very very little. The locals take the buses, the tourists who don't know take the same vans marked taxis. Just my 2 cents.

Note that the taxis and buses are the same white vehicles. The buses are like $2 each and go basically the same routes (ask the driver) and normally stop very very little. The locals take the buses, the tourists who don't know take the same vans marked taxis. Just my 2 cents.

Hey Brian:

Do you know if the buses go out the the Lotorie Farm???

I would say it was 20/30 minutes away from the port. Didn't seem easy to find; in fact, not all the taxi drivers knew where it was :)

There are so many buses (note, avoid the expensive taxis), I would wait a few minutes until one came by that new where it was and was going there. Got to remember this Island isn't huge after all.

I seem to recall about a 20 minute ride to Loterie Farms. That was with light traffic in the morning. It is a bit out of the way, very near to Marigot on the French side of the island. Some taxi drivers did not know where it was. One thing to note, we had no problem getting a taxi out to Loterie Farm. We did have trouble getting one to come back out. You might want to set something up to get picked up, perhaps with the cab driver that drops you off.

Archived