Need Perisan Gardens Milli ships update

F5Loar

Okay on the Milli ships I've heard all sorts of stories about these famous Perisan Gardens. I've heard they offer discount rate if you take the Spa tour first day. Is this still true and how much for 7 day? Also heard they no longer offer the smelly stuff in the 3 steam rooms. Is this true? If so why bother?

What makes each one different of not different smelly stuff?

And is the 3 steam rooms all you get for your money? Am I missing something else? No other things you get that others don't?

I'll do my best to answer a few however we didn't partake of the Persian Gardens this last trip on the Constellation, 12/10/05 sailling. However, the year before we did.

Price was $99/pp for the week, a little pricey in my book for what you "got". That is why we didn't book this last cruise as we didn't even think abuot it until 2 days into the cruise. I don't know anything about the spa discount.

The facility is very very nice. Gorgeous decor and tile work. There is one very large and very nice steam rooms with lots of cool down faucets and mini showers. Adjacent to it is a large sauna, equally as nice, not quite hot enough for my tastes tho. Next is a series of large shower stalls with multiple shower heads and many different settings for all. I don't remember any "smells" that i have heard about, i.e. eucalyptus etc etc. But others have said they did. Thought I heard one time they had to discontinue that stuff due to enviomental issues but that might be me dreaming, lol.

there is also a "cooling down" room, much smaller. There is also a nice open seating area, kind of a lobby for the whole thing where the towels etc are located.

We really really lliked it and will try again on the next Millenium class trip we take but I still feel it is overpriced unless you use it every day, at least once a day.

Ah... the showers with multi heads is the first I have heard of. Usually these type showers are FREE on other ships like Carnvial, NCL, Princess, etc. Do the Milli ships have the same mulit head showers in the free locker room area that only has a sauna?

We just returned from the 12-24-05 cruise to Santiago Chile. The first day during the Spa tour we signed up for a $150 couples pass for the entire 14-day cruise.

We used it almost every day. Sometimes around 4:30/pre-dinner; otherwise we went up just before bedtime. The Grotto is an intimate gentle steam room for no more than 4 people. There was also a Turkish bath which was quite hot, and a sauna--these rooms could probably acommodate 8-10, but we rarely saw more than 8-10 people in total. The showers offered overhead "rain" cool fresh scent, other buttons gave cool cascades or 6 warm side jets. The open room also had pitchers of ice water with lemon, heated scuplted tile benches, floor-ceiling fountain, floating rose petals and sufficient lighting to read. The curved bench could seat about 6.

On the way to or from, we often passed time in the adult only [free] salt water hot tub. We never bothered to check the free saunas in the changing rooms.

We really enjoyed it and will likely do a couples pass again. Very pricey per day.

Archived