My Alaskan Southbound cruise on the Golden Princess is almost here!

Ski Mom

Hi everyone! With my Alaskan trip just one week away, I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who took the time to answer all my questions in planning my trip. I was so overwhelmed in the beginning and I am so grateful for the wealth of information you all offered, especially about cruising with mobility challenges. Thanks to your advice I booked an accessible staterooom a year an a half ago, found a travel agent knowledgeable in accessible travel and rented a scooter from the company suggested to me on the board. My travel companions include my DH and 8 of my oldest and dearest friends. So it is truly the trip of a lifetime! Some of us are doing the land tour but after painstakingly trying to decide I opted not to for many reasons but the main reason being my endurance and mobility challenges. We are going two days early thanks to your suggestions and visiting Anchorage and Seward before boarding our ship and meeting up with the rest of our party in Whittier. I will do my best to report back when I get home but my photo skills are not very good . Thanks again for everything !

Edited by Ski Mom
Spelling

Good on you, SkiMom! I have a 10-year old daughter with mobility issues. She uses a wheelchair for long distances and in the community, but walks shorter distances with forearm crutches. We booked an accessible room for her, her twin brother, and Nana (my mom), and the neighboring non-accessible room for hubby, me and our youngest child. Thankfully a TA was able to take care of that part for us. Planning excursions was tricky, so we are doing almost all private excursions with small companies that are willing and able to accommodate her needs. Have a marvelous time! I will be looking forward to your trip report.