? Glass Bottom Boat on Kona ?

flamomo

My friend and I are going on the Island Princess to Hawaii in 2 weeks.

Since neither of us snorkle (never tried), but we would like to try to see some undersea life, we have opted for the glass bottom boat tour.

Has anyone been on this excursion or heard comments from others who have done this one? I'm wondering if this is a good choice. :confused: Need to know, so if it is a bad choice, we can cancel and sign up for something else.

Thanks,

flamomo

We did the Sub in Kona and my wife who won't get in water deeper than the bathtub loved it. Here's another perspective by Suebee. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=271414&highlight=kona

We booked our trip online and received a discount. The Atlantis office is right across from the pier and they take you out in a boat to the submarine. The trip lasts about an hour and goes down about 100'. The sub is very spacious and holds about 60 people although on our trip there was nowhere near that amount. Having been on a glass bottom boat cruise in Bermuda, I'd definitely recommend the sub as a better choice albeit a more expensive one.

Actually after rereading the original post, I think I'd recommend the snorkeling. Even if you've never done it, they will teach you and you'll probably see a lot more in the way of fish or other sea life.

Thanks to the posters who responded to my question. I will talk with my cabinmate and see if we can cancal the g-b boat and try the sub, or maybe even consider trying snorkling. We both can swim and are not afraid in the water. Guess even 2 senior citizen ladies can learn something new!

Thanks again

flamomo

In January? Probably colder than 75 degrees. :) Actually, it's probably around 75 degrees or so, depending on where you are (shallow beach areas tend to be slightly warmer).. But it's definitely colder than the Caribbean, that's for sure.

Spleen

Archived