Anyone have Obstructed view cabin, Deck 2 on Breeze (Gondola?)

2Okies

My daughter & son in law have a cruise planned on the Breeze in mid August. They made the reservations back in January, and found out a couple of days ago that their room is actually a Deluxe Ocean view room but with an Obstructed view. She called Carnival about it, and apparently it is the gondola that they clean the windows with? Will this apparatus always be in front of their window, or does it move? She was pretty upset that they paid so much for the cruise, and get a window that they may not be able to see out of. Its room 2473. It also says the room directly across the ship from that one is obstructed (2478 I think).

Anyone have one of these rooms and can tell me what it is like, or have a picture. Is it completely blocked, or can you see some out of it? She is pretty upset about it - seeing that they booked so far in advance through a local travel agent. Not sure there is anything they can do about it now.

I was in that exact same room on the Dream (sister ship). The obstruction you are referring to was in front of our window the entire time but it did not block much. We barely noticed it. The bigger obstruction for us was the fact that the windows stay so dirty from sea spray.

I was in that exact same room on the Dream (sister ship). The obstruction you are referring to was in front of our window the entire time but it did not block much. We barely noticed it. The bigger obstruction for us was the fact that the windows stay so dirty from sea spray.

And the irony that the window washer is right there must irk.

• 5 years later...
Posted (edited)

So we are wondering how much the gondola really does obstruct the view in room 2448 on Carnival Magic. Trying to decide whether to take this room or not. Called Carnival today and was transferred around to 6 different people over 30 minutes. Very disappointed and frustrating. They do not know anything about it. Really???? Hahaha! We would appreciate any answer. It’s Saturday and we have to answer yes or no by Monday afternoon eastern standard time. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Edited by 2retiiredpeeps