Amatique Bay Resort, Guatemala

Beachbum1944

I just got off the phone with Amatique Bay Resort. Spoke to them about going there on our own. They said we could for $35.00 (I think that's each), and you get lunch and full use of the resort. You can get there by taxi or water taxi. I read that the water taxi is $8.00 one way or $12.00 round trip. I think we are going to go there that way. That way you can stay as long as you want.:)

Paul

200601281700_23.gif

Caribbean All Inclusive Resorts

Hi - Beachbum1944

HAL dropped this option just recently. Until last week it was listed as a $59 shore trip with lunch or $39 without. It had been the one we were expecting to use. DW and I are scheduled to arrive with the Veendam in March in Santo Tomas so we have time to review options.

Please pass along your findings of the Amatique Bay Resort. It woulds be appreciated.

Jack

• 2 months later...

For those of you waiting patiently for reviews from the Norwegian Sun here is one of the Amatique Beach break booked through the cruise ship. This is the only excursion I booked for my party of 10 this past week. Everything else I booked on my own, but this one was well worth the money if you have kids or enjoy a lazy day at a beautiful resort. The resort itself was very nice, the pool was beautiful and very clean. There is a great pool that circles around to a swim up bar and there are many small slides and play things for younger children as well as 2 pretty decent water slides that the kids and adults all enjoyed. We received a very good lunch that was included in the price consisting of steak, chicken, red beans and rice, all kinds of salads-potatoe and such as well as many desserts. I know others have posted reviews of this so won't go on and on- if you have any questions let me know, but overall it was a great day for my family to relax and kids ranging in age from 6 to 14 plus all the adults had a fun filled day together.

Archived