This is all the docs?

skm

I went to my TA and she gave me my folder of docs. The only really "important" things I saw were the luggage tags and printouts from her computer. The papers did have 1 sheet in there that says "to be presented for passage" on the top 1/2 paper and the bottom 1/2 has all the same info but reads "passenger copy" This is it for the docs and will get us on board? (along w/ our drivers license and passports) Will there be any other forms to fill out @ the dock? I just thought that there would be more to it then this. Thanks, SKM

I too was amazed at the doc situation when we cruised in September.

We did get the little "ticket" which you describe as a two part

paper, and all of the legal information from NCL - about 5 more pages

which did contain some important information.

We did not receive luggage tags until we arrived at the pier - but I had

also printed some out according to "Shoreguy's" instructions.

That really was all that we needed to board, along with our ID and

passport. It went smoothly, without a hitch at all.

Ours arrived as e-docs, which we easily printed out.

It seems it would be a little more exciting to receive the packet which

some have described that contains some "goodies". But, it seems more

and more lines are going with simpler documentation.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

I have yet to receive the edocs. I have always gotten the "full packet" so far. It would be disappointing to me to just get edocs, as part of the excitment is getting that whole packet. Then, it's always a big thing for my wife and I to sit on the couch and go through everything together. Read about the different excursions, read through the store catalog, etc, etc. Part of the excitment for us.

I have yet to receive the edocs. I have always gotten the "full packet" so far. It would be disappointing to me to just get edocs, as part of the excitment is getting that whole packet. Then, it's always a big thing for my wife and I to sit on the couch and go through everything together. Read about the different excursions, read through the store catalog, etc, etc. Part of the excitment for us.

I have never received edocs either. In fact last month I got 2 complete sets for my feb. cruise. All anyone really needs is proper id and a booking number to board the ship.

1155317525_Dawndocs2006.jpg.1f5b71f0654dca2fba77bf9319c02e80.jpg

It was even suggested to us by our online TA that we could pick up our docs at the pier.

This was not agreeable with us, being our first cruise, and not knowing

how the process works. After cruising, it still would not be an acceptable option.

I believe paper in hand is a good thing.

I sure would hate to arrive at the pier and be told: "Sorry, who are you, and where are your docs????"

In which case you whip out your receipt showing your names, booking # ,cabin and final payment:cool:

Cool is right - Thanks!!

But, I would never be able to leave home without the docs anyway.

Especially since we live in Montana, and the pier is in Seattle......Long 500+ mile drive and too much time to stew about the outcome for this old gal!!

SailAways:)

Cool is right - Thanks!!

But, I would never be able to leave home without the docs anyway.

Especially since we live in Montana, and the pier is in Seattle......Long 500+ mile drive and too much time to stew about the outcome for this old gal!!

SailAways:)

That is a long ride back home. That is why I cruise from NYC - 40 minutes to the pier and that is a good thing. Two years ago my partner annouced as we were entering the tunnel - I left my Passport at the house:eek:

Got to do two trips to NYC - the limo company was happy:)

That is a long ride back home. That is why I cruise from NYC - 40 minutes to the pier and that is a good thing. Two years ago my partner annouced as we were entering the tunnel - I left my Passport at the house:eek:

Got to do two trips to NYC - the limo company was happy:)

The nearest thing to a limo in our neck of the woods looks very much like a hearse!!!

He is a personal friend though, so I will check up on his round trip fee (a first for him, I bet) !!:p

Yeap, sounds like I got everything. I don't know what I was expecting, but as long as they let me on the ship, that's all I care about. Thanks, SKM

I used the term limo loosely - They guy I use picks me up in the same ford he first did in 1999 and it was not new then. :D

Sorry we return you back to the subject at hand -----

Haha, so I know this has been talked to death, but what is an e-document in regards to NCL cruise info? Is it my online registration that i've filled out at NCL.com? Or will I be receiving an email from NCL stating "e-documents"?

If I were to print my NCL online registration form and bring my TA invoice (with my passport of course) is that sufficient to get into the port and get ticketed? I am definately booked on NCL as I have my room assignment showing online.

Thanks everyone for putting up with my anxiety,

John RS

Haha, so I know this has been talked to death, but what is an e-document in regards to NCL cruise info? Is it my online registration that i've filled out at NCL.com? Or will I be receiving an email from NCL stating "e-documents"?

If I were to print my NCL online registration form and bring my TA invoice (with my passport of course) is that sufficient to get into the port and get ticketed? I am definately booked on NCL as I have my room assignment showing online.

Thanks everyone for putting up with my anxiety,John RS

E-docs arrive via your e-mail - from either your TA, or NCL (I would suspect from your TA - as it seems NCL still provides "regular" docs - sometimes).

Do print out your online registration form - I believe it states that you should do that - and Do bring it with your TA invoice - Along with your Passport and ID - as stated).

According to Shoreguy - above - all you need to board is proper ID, and your booking number. Of course, I am with you - and insisted on paper in hand. We received e-docs from our TA via the e-mail. I printed them out, and took them, along with all of the aforementioned items, on the cruise. Easy, and no problems at all.

Enjoy your cruise

Archived