First Time Celebrity! Questions?

M.S JAZO

We are looking far out into April 2007 for a 14 day Trans-canal cruise on Celebrity. We have sailed on only Carnival owned lines. Anyway, alot of people have said HAL is same as X. Is it true?

How is the Summit, When was she last in drydock or will?

If we sail her, we plan to get a Celebrity Suite, what perks come with sailing the suites, Any gathering with officers and stuff like they do on HAL?

The Celebrity Suite is shown to be on 4 decks, Penthouse, Vista, Panorama and sky, Which is considered the best avoiding noise?

We had friends who sailed a long time ago on Zenith and did not like it, But they want to sail on whatever cruise we sail next, Do u think it will be a different experiance on Summit then it was on Zenith for them?

Any info will be great, Thanks In advance

and hope to sail Celebrity in the near[2007] not to near future.

We had friends who sailed a long time ago on Zenith and did not like it, But they want to sail on whatever cruise we sail next, Do u think it will be a different experiance on Summit then it was on Zenith for them?

Any info will be great, Thanks In advance

and hope to sail Celebrity in the near[2007] not to near future.

We have only sailed on the Millennium Class ships and they are very nice. Our first cruise was on Radisson. We loved it, but they were pricey. We tried the Celebrity Infinity to Alaska and it was a nice compromise - good value and good service. We will go our our third Celebrity cruise in less than 2 weeks. We like balcony and are now going Concierge Class since our last cruise which is worth it for the 14 day cruises.

We do not intend on going on Zenith, Mercury etc - only Millenium Class (Summit, Infinity, Constellation, Millennium).

I have sailed on HAL once before. I thought the service was comparable to Celebrity, but I prefer the food on Celebrity. If you like Hal, I think you will like Celebrity.

Your friends sailed on Zenith and didn't like it. What did they not like? I have enjoyed cruises on all three classes on Celebrity's ships.

We just got off of Summit. I thought it was in very nice shape. I like the Celebrity Suites on 6, 7, or 8. Deck 9 can get noise from the cafeteria above.

The suites on Celebrity offer butler service. If you do a lot of indoor dining and/or entertaining, the butler comes in very handy.

I was on Westerdam this past March and Summit a couple times prior, been on the Sun and Grand class of Princess as well and a couple other line's ships.

My comparative experience is limited concerning HAL and Celeb. That said, Summit's dining room is the most impressive physical layout of any ship I've sailed. I was not impressed with the dining room service on my one HAL cruise, compared to either my cruises on Summit on Princess. HAL's dining room staff was almost exclusively from south asia whereas Celeb's is more mixed and weighted toward eastern europe. That alone doesn't mean much except I got the impression the europeans were far more english fluent. HAL's servers didn't have a clue about proper-formal table ware placement, removal, etc. HAL's service otherwise (bar service, cabin stewards, etc.) was very good - comparable to Celeb or Princess. For some reason, Westerdam's public spaces wern't too memorable (I think I was family distracted). Both Summit and Westerdam are approximately the same size and both ships cabins and public spaces are attractively decorated. As indicated, I've not been on HAL's "smaller" non-Vista ships.

HAL has more varied intineraries so I might do HAL again, but in an itinerary identical choice I pick Celeb.

I haven't been on Zenith, but I don't think one can really compare a <50K GT ship (like Zenith) to a >90K GT ship (Summit) despite being the same line. In other words, your friends will almost certainly have a very different experience than before. That's no gaurantee, but for instance, a HAL smaller ship can't really be compared to a Vista class, nor can such divergent ship sizes/classes be compared on other lines.

Archived