Western Caribbean - where to buy rum

sunlovernw

Cozumel usually has the best prices and widest selection of alcohol in the Western Caribbean. There are stores right at the pier. In some instances if you see the item sold on the ship for a higher price than what you see at the port some cruise companies will match the price. The absolute best prices that I have seen since my first cruise way back in May 1983 was on Eastern Caribbean sailings to St Thomas, United States Virgin Islands.

I haven't found any recent posts on this, but I'll be visiting the Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel in March 2018. Anybody know if any these places have good prices for rum to take home? Thanks.

Sorry - March 2019, not 2018!!!

Cozumel usually has the best prices and widest selection of alcohol in the Western Caribbean. There are stores right at the pier. In some instances if you see the item sold on the ship for a higher price than what you see at the port some cruise companies will match the price. The absolute best prices that I have seen since my first cruise way back in May 1983 was on Eastern Caribbean sailings to St Thomas, United States Virgin Islands.

Thank you. We were on an Eastern Caribbean cruise earlier this year and didn't have room in our luggage to bring home alcohol. After seeing the prices in St. Thomas and St. Maarten, we wished we wouldn't have packed so light, meaning, not much luggage! That'll change in 2019! Haha!