Limited mobility tours

meyerovb

My mom can’t walk very well, but she can do a few stairs and uneven terrain. So no need for a fully accessible tour. Anyone know of a tour that’s good for her situation. One that basically will drive her around the whole time and she can get out at each stop instead of a longer walking tour. I’d prefer an independent guide.

I haven't sailed to Cuba yet but that was one of my considerations when booking my tour. I contacted several tour operators regarding private tours and they all answered with their standard itineraries but with the information that they can be modified as needed. I'm traveling with my 75 year old mother so I had some mobility questions as well. Having not been yet, however, I can't say how it's going to play out. I did read reviews on TripAdvisor for these independent companies and focused on the ones written by people travelling with friends or family that have mobility issues.

Good luck.

We are using oldcartours.com which is riding around in an old car and getting out when you want to. Check them out and you will see some itineraries to look at. We are doing the 3 hour Hemingway tour on day 1. On day 2 we are doing the 2 hour Havana tour plus Fusterlandia.

I am in a similar situation with my 85 year old mother. We booked a private tour with FerTour and they assured me they could modify it as needed. I did specify an air conditioned car as she could not take the heat, and could always stay in the car while my sister and I walk around.