Children and Sea Pass cards

SusieC

I was just wondering if a child needs to carry their sea pass cards around with them even if they have no charging privileges. I'm assuming that we can just keep the kids passes in the safe and bring them out when we go to shore - no need to buy the lanyards or whatever for 6 year olds, right? Thanks.

Susie

Other than needing them to get on and off the ship in the ports, your kids will also need them if they are using the arcade. You can put cash on their seapass card in the arcade if they do not have charging privileges and they will have to slide their cards to play the games. They will need their cards if you purchase the soda package because they put a sticker on the seapass card that has to be shown when you order soda. Their seapass card is also the key to your cabin. My boys loved taking turns (okay, fighting over turns!)opening the door every time we went back to the cabin.

My boys are 10 and 13 and liked using their cards to purchase chips and candy in the general store. Made them feel "cool" I think. I know your children are much younger.

I took two lanyards and a magnetic hook. We hung the hook on the inside of our door and hung the lanyards there so they were always easy to grab on our way out the door.

I was just wondering if a child needs to carry their sea pass cards around with them even if they have no charging privileges. I'm assuming that we can just keep the kids passes in the safe and bring them out when we go to shore - no need to buy the lanyards or whatever for 6 year olds, right? Thanks.

Susie

My Kids are a bit younger, 3 & 20 months. I didn't use their Seapass cards on our Cruise in November except for going ashore. Since they were never anywhere they would need to use them without me, and obviously they didn't have charging priveledges. On the back of the door they have this plastic holder that has the "do not disturb", "make up my room" etc... in them....we stored our cards in there when we were in the room....then they were right there when we left.

Have a great time.

Thank you both for your responses. I hadn't considered the arcade. I'm sure they will want to spend some time in there!!! Can anyone tell me if the kids ever go to the arcade with the kids club? Obviously when they are with us we can charge the video games to our cards but I'd hate for them to not be able to take part during the kids club because they didn't have a sea pass with them. Anyone know? Thanks again!

I took two lanyards and a magnetic hook. We hung the hook on the inside of our door and hung the lanyards there so they were always easy to grab on our way out the door.

Be careful with putting the cards too close to a magnet. You can actually erase the information that is encoded on them...similar to putting a credit card too close to a magnet. Perhaps a good alternative would be a Command Adhesive hook. These come right off, with no residue at all.

Archived