Zipline tours in Belize

SuzieTrue

Family realy wants to go ziplining in Belize. We've seen it on Amazing Race and want to try it. The ships excursion is $100 per person.

I've checked Belize Cruise Excursions and can save around $20 per person. Has anyone used this company for zipline or any other excursion?:rolleyes:

We just got back from zip-lining in Belize on 12/31. We actually did a combo tour -- zip-line and cave-tubing. Both were great. We booked with Nacho and Cynthia (we had Nacho) from ncqadventuretours.com, which we heard about on this forum. Nacho picked the 5 of us at the port, gave us a little tour through Belize City and drove us out about 45 minutes to Jaguar Paw Resort, where both activities occurred. The best thing about it was that we beat the tour from the cruiseship, which had about 75 people, so we literally "zipped" through the zip lines by ourselves. Also, Nacho has permission to enter the river for the cave tubing from a private entry point, which cuts about 15 minutes off the walk down to the river. Again, we had our own river guide, while the cruise tour had two guides for 75 people. We then had a great lunch in the air-conditioned restaurant at the resort (while the cruise excursion ate in a big outside area battling the flies), followed by a little tour of the resort, including its butterfly preserve. Nacho then drove us back to town, and we arrived with a couple of hours to spare before having to tender back to the ship.

The whole excursion cost us $125 per person (I think he charges more if there are fewer people), with everything included, which may be a little more expensive than some of the other tours, but well worth the extra money for the added convenience and lack of waiting, in my opinion.

Just got back from Belieze on Explorer of the Seas 12/23 and we took the Lost World Canopy Tour through Royal Caribbean, the cost was 92.00 and it was a blast and I would highly recommend it. Remember if you book through the cruiseline the ship will wait for you and it was great in our case because we arrived back into town five minutes before the last tender back to the ship.

We just got back from zip-lining in Belize on 12/31. We actually did a combo tour -- zip-line and cave-tubing. Both were great. We booked with Nacho and Cynthia (we had Nacho) from ncqadventuretours.com, which we heard about on this forum. Nacho picked the 5 of us at the port, gave us a little tour through Belize City and drove us out about 45 minutes to Jaguar Paw Resort, where both activities occurred. The best thing about it was that we beat the tour from the cruiseship, which had about 75 people, so we literally "zipped" through the zip lines by ourselves. Also, Nacho has permission to enter the river for the cave tubing from a private entry point, which cuts about 15 minutes off the walk down to the river. Again, we had our own river guide, while the cruise tour had two guides for 75 people. We then had a great lunch in the air-conditioned restaurant at the resort (while the cruise excursion ate in a big outside area battling the flies), followed by a little tour of the resort, including its butterfly preserve. Nacho then drove us back to town, and we arrived with a couple of hours to spare before having to tender back to the ship.

The whole excursion cost us $125 per person (I think he charges more if there are fewer people), with everything included, which may be a little more expensive than some of the other tours, but well worth the extra money for the added convenience and lack of waiting, in my opinion.

Thanks for the review. We are scheduled to do the same tour with Nacho and Cynthia on our trip to Belize, 2 weeks from today. We are really looking forward to trying these and glad to hear thoughts and experience of the combo! Can't wait:D

I am really interested in the zip lining/cave tubing combo, but that doesn't seem to be offered with the ship. I am pretty nervous to book private tours though, due to getting back to the ship on time. How much of a problem is getting back on time?

the cave tubing and canopy zip is a 6 hour program and is done daily by fernando and the other guides at www.***** email them and have a great time. only 100.00 per person

We are heading to Belize in just 3 weeks. Hubby thinks he would enjoy the cave tubing/zip line tour. Has anyone done this tour through *****? I would appreciate personal info on it. I like the fact that you can book and reserve and pay when you arrive because we would be out the $$ if for some reason we missed the port, were late, or stopped on a different day.

I am completely comfortable booking off the ship as the locals all know the ship schedules. I always plan to return to ship 1 hour before sailing.

Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...
Just got back from Belieze on Explorer of the Seas 12/23 and we took the Lost World Canopy Tour through Royal Caribbean, the cost was 92.00 and it was a blast and I would highly recommend it. Remember if you book through the cruiseline the ship will wait for you and it was great in our case because we arrived back into town five minutes before the last tender back to the ship.

We are booked on the Lost World Canopy Tour through Royal Caribbean the end of March. This is as much excitement as my BF can take, I wouldn't want to add the stress of getting back to the ship on time.

I have been reading about the botfly and a type of poison ivy tree. Did you have any problems with bugs or overgrown plants?

Please share your experience of the zipline and cave tubing through Nacho and Cynthia when you guys get back. We are booked with them for our March 25th cruise and are looking forward to this excursion-any tips and info would be appreciated. Have a great time.

• 1 month later...

wondering how your cave and zipline experience was....you should have just gotten back from your trip. do you have Nacho and Cynthia's website??

we have a group of 11, and thinking of booking with them.

...also, when you zip-line, do you feel like you are "above the canopy" in a jungle -type setting, or ???

Does anyone know? Someone has got to all the info out there:D Does Carnival offer something like the zipline/ cave tubing combo...cost??

Thanks if you can ease inquireing minds;)

MAO

• 1 month later...

We just returned from a Zip line tour in Belize with Cynthia and Nacho. We heard about them on this website and are very glad that we chose them to take us on the tour. This is the only way to do the zip line and cave tubing. The ship does not offer both together. The price was very reasonable, but that's not the important part. Like anyone else we were not sure about booking a tour that wasn't through the cruise line, but we did it anyway. This was a wonderful experience. There were only 2 in our party which is much better than the herding that the ship does. Cynthia and Nacho were absolutely wonderful!!!!:) We could not have chosen a better tour. They were waiting for us just outside the tourism village just as they said they would and we were off. They took us on a tour through Belize on the way to the excursion. We were even able to tour 2 caves instead of 1 because we had extra time and Cynthia and Nacho know the people there very well. We had lunch in the nice air conditioned restaurant, which was wonderful, and we also toured the butterfly exhibit. The cruise excursion dosen't include the butterflies and they do eat outside. We even had trouble with our camera and Nacho had a disposable one for us to use!! They are prepared for everything! On the way back Cynthia and Nacho took us into town where we purchased a few items and we were back to the ship with time to spare. So, don't worry about being back on time, they will have you there!! About getting off the ship, to be one of the first to tender to shore just go to the Amber Palace or where everyone going on ship excursions is told to go, get in line with everyone else and when the ship staff ask you what tour you are taking tell them the cave tubing, they will give you a sticker and you will be one of the first off the ship, no questions asked. I would recomend Cynthia and Nacho to everyone going to Belize!!! The are just a married couple trying to make a living, not out to get you. They are VERY friendly!:p If you are thinking about doing this, stop thinking and just do it, their web address is www.ncqadventuretours.com or you can e-mail them at nacho_cynthia@yahoo.com Hope you have as much fun as we did!:p :p:p

We just returned from a Zip line tour in Belize with Cynthia and Nacho. We heard about them on this website and are very glad that we chose them to take us on the tour. This is the only way to do the zip line and cave tubing. The ship does not offer both together. The price was very reasonable, but that's not the important part. Like anyone else we were not sure about booking a tour that wasn't through the cruise line, but we did it anyway. This was a wonderful experience. There were only 2 in our party which is much better than the herding that the ship does. Cynthia and Nacho were absolutely wonderful!!!!:) We could not have chosen a better tour. They were waiting for us just outside the tourism village just as they said they would and we were off. They took us on a tour through Belize on the way to the excursion. We were even able to tour 2 caves instead of 1 because we had extra time and Cynthia and Nacho know the people there very well. We had lunch in the nice air conditioned restaurant, which was wonderful, and we also toured the butterfly exhibit. The cruise excursion dosen't include the butterflies and they do eat outside. We even had trouble with our camera and Nacho had a disposable one for us to use!! They are prepared for everything! On the way back Cynthia and Nacho took us into town where we purchased a few items and we were back to the ship with time to spare. So, don't worry about being back on time, they will have you there!! I would recomend them to everyone going to Belize!!! The are just a married couple trying to make a living, not out to get you. They are VERY friendly!:p If you are thinking about doing this, stop thinking and just do it, their web address is www.ncqadventuretours.com or you can e-mail them at nacho_cynthia @yahoo.com Hope you have as much fun as we did!:p :p:p

I was on the Enchantment of the Sea 11th May. They were 2 large ships in that day, and we book our Cave & Zip line tour with the guys from Belize Shorex.com. We got a professional guide, that was concern of our safety. His name was Rudy, he knows a lot of his country. Our exciting Belize cave tubing adventure begins with a comfortable bus ride from The Belize Tourist Village heading west through the countryside of the outer Belize District towards where all essential equipment for the cave tubing tour including headlamps, inner tubes, and life jackets are provided. After our cave tubing we did the Zip line which was excellent as well. The guys at Belize shorex will make you enjoy your tour and get back to the tourist Village with enough time for you to shop and relax before your last tender back to the ship.

We had pay belize shorex $45.00 for this tour and the service was excellent. On my next tour to Belize I will choose Belize Shorex.com

again, they also have other tours that they offer to cruise ship passengers.

Have fun cruiseing!!!!!!!!!:D

How did you get a price of $45.00 for the combo tour? we booked this tour with the same company and the price is $110.00 per person.

Archived