Ocean Liners - what do you recommend?

SanFranBayCruiser

We've been to Ocean Liners on three cruises and we dined at the SS United States on the Infinity this summer. One new twist was that on the Infinity, when I asked, they provided us with both a chocolate and a Grand Marnier souffle. My wife and I were in heaven.

When we dine in the specialty restaurant, we try to each order something different so we can try each other's selections. I love the rack of lamb en croute; if you order it there, you'll be very disapointed with what they call rack of lamb in the main dining room. The goat cheese souffle for an appetizer is wonderful. I snagged the recipe a few years ago, but it still tastes best when someone else is preparing and serving it. Yes, some times you get lucky and can acquire an extra dessert. One evening, we each selected desserts: apple malaguena, souffle grand marnier, zabaglione and poached pear. The waiter then brought us two Michel Roux's favorite bite size surprise dessert trays. Needless to say, the four of us spent a few hours walking the deck that evening to work off the dinner.

I never tried the steak, and rarely order beef as I prefer to try things that I don't prepare or regularly eat at home.

Darcy

We dined in the specialty restaurant on the Infinity in August and one of the gentlemen with us ordered the Steak Diane and was very pleased. We all enjoyed the presentation of table-side preparation as well!!! Don't miss it. I love the goat cheese souffle, and I don't think we had a single complaint amoung us! It was wonderful and service was top-notch.

I would be your new best bud forever for that recipe got that goat cheese souffle..I absolutely love that!! I am a wanna be chef living on top of a mountain in Carolina enjoying my collection of wonderful recipes and enjoying my retirement..Did I forget please..

Happy Dails,

Gary

Gary,

Ah the Goat Cheese Souffle....only 9 more more weeks until I get to order it! I saved the recipe when I saw it a couple of years ago, but I've never made it. I think this is the actual recipe they use on the ships, but I know there is a more simplified version out there. Enjoy!! Rosemary

http://www.cruisegourmet.com/site_pages/recipes/goat_cheese_soufle.pdf

Archived