San Juan post cruise question

coolcruiser777

Hello, we will be sailing on the Freedom of the Seas out of Pan American Pier later this month. Although we have a flight home the same day of disembarkation, we do not need to be at the airport until after 4:00. I was wondering what there is to do for a reasonable price (~$20 pp?). However, we do have a couple of restrictions. One member of our party can walk but cannot walk fast or long distances (mobility issues). We also need to ensure that our bags are safe at all times. Does anybody know of any reasonably priced post cruise tours in San Juan?

If anybody has sailed out of Pan American Pier recently: Have you seen a company called "San Juan Happy Tours" while you were disembarking? I have read about this elsewhere and it is a $20 bus tour with airport drop off which is exactly what we are looking for. However, the last review of the company was posted last year so I am not sure if they are still operating this year. They do not have a website and people said that they just show up at the pier. Please let me know if anyone has seen them this year! Thanks for the help!

• 4 weeks later...

We used San Juan Happy Tours on May and loved the tour. Very reasonable [like $25] and so much fun. Pedro was our guide and he was great. Funny, informative and able to answer any question. The workers will have shirts with SJ Happy Tours on the front.

We have been trying to find a tour company that will take a reservation for Sept. 22.....Freedom of the Seas to the airport for our flight at 3:45. We are looking for someone who can tour us with our luggage, for a few hours then drop us off. San Juan Friendly Tours website seems to be frozen so we aren't sure if they are in business or not.

I used Island marketing in Puerto Rico for exactly that, i went to the rain forest as well though. The offer a few different tours with all types of pick up and drop offs. I was picked up after my cruise from my hotel and dropped of at the airport but they also pick up from the cruise ship and drop off at the airport with your luggage. Saved me some money on transport:)

We have been trying to find a tour company that will take a reservation for Sept. 22.....Freedom of the Seas to the airport for our flight at 3:45. We are looking for someone who can tour us with our luggage, for a few hours then drop us off. San Juan Friendly Tours website seems to be frozen so we aren't sure if they are in business or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends what you do but should be aboit 4 hours with a small hike, unless you add something....The sheraton is a great locaiton and hotel.

How long is the rain forest tour, daughter & I will be doing a B2B on the Freedom and looking for something to do on our turn around day. We plan to arrive on Friday so we can have all day Sat to see Old San Juan. Our Hotel isn't finalized but considering the Sheraton, Old San Juan

pdc2013, since we have plenty of time we are still in the planning stages for our first visit. I am thinking, we will try and spend most of Sat touring Old San Juan so the Sunday we get back from the cruise before going out again, I am thinking we will have at least a half a day to see other areas of San Juan. It is possible a Post cruise tour maybe possible. Thank you for your information.

We are also on Freedom and have the rain forest tour and drop off booked through RCCL for $49pp. I would like to find a less expensive option not on a big bus, but also have not found anything definitive online. Island Marketing actually looks more expensive.

Totally agree your first trip to Puerto Rico should be spent in Old San Juan. Make sure to have a cafe con leche and a Majorca! I love walking around the old town day and at night, so many little alley ways and small streets.

Yes that is exactly the tour i did, mine ended at the airport and saved me the money of transport. I now, when going to PR, always try to tour with my luggage and save the transport fees. If you do go our west make sure to go to Luquillo, if you like local that is. The beach there is magnificent as well.

pdc2013, since we have plenty of time we are still in the planning stages for our first visit. I am thinking, we will try and spend most of Sat touring Old San Juan so the Sunday we get back from the cruise before going out again, I am thinking we will have at least a half a day to see other areas of San Juan. It is possible a Post cruise tour maybe possible. Thank you for your information.

Island marketing only does luggage tours on a private basis and charges a little more but it includs the hike. For $49.00 you will only drive through the Rain forest with a stop at the tower maybe. In a bus with 50 others, i dont mind a mini bus but a coach is just to many people for me. But that's me.

We are also on Freedom and have the rain forest tour and drop off booked through RCCL for $49pp. I would like to find a less expensive option not on a big bus, but also have not found anything definitive online. Island Marketing actually looks more expensive.