Murder Mystery on the Star?

Nilla

Hi there I think I read about a murder mystery dinner on the Star? Anyone that has been on this cruise lately know if there is one? I woudl love to know we just did a Murder Mystery for New Years Eve and had a great time!

Can anyone give some details about this. would it be good for my family w/ a 10 and 15 yr. olds. Do you need to sign up ahead of time and does it replace your meal one evening. We will be on the Star in alaska this summer, do they do them on those sailings? sorry for all the questions. Thanks

The sign up is usually the day before, keep an eye out for it in the Freestyle daily. It usually fills up quickly. I've never seen any kids participate, but I don't know if there is a rule against it. It does take place during one of the regular dinner times, and is held in one of the main restaurants.

:)

We were on the Star in Oct and did the Mystery Dinner. You do need to sign up in advance. They announce it in the freestyle and the CD announces it over the PA the day before (if I remember correctly). It does replace dinner one evening. Everyone meets in the theater at 5:00 or 5:30 and the lead goes over everything and splits everyone into teams of 8. Each person on the team is given a character to play (the 8 characters and the story are the same for each team of 8) and a package with storyline and questions. They the teams are lead into the main dining rooms (they split the teams between the 2 dining rooms for space purposes). At that point, your group is seated at a table of eight and dinner is the same as everyone else in the dining room. Just throughout the meal you will go through the mystery and try to figure it out. After dinner the groups go about their business (most went to the show) and then reconviened immediately after the end of the first show to get the results.

We did not notice any children participating but I dont remember it saying they couldnt. There is a bit of reading/acting involved so I wolud recommend your children be older to participate fully (especially since in our mystery involved themes not necesarily appropriate for children - but not risque, not want to reveal too much in case they use the same story for each cruise) and not detract for the other participants.

It can be lots of fun depending on your group. DH and I were paired with a group of 2 and 4 to make our team and we did not connect with any of them so we were just glad when it was over.

The Murder Mystery Dinner is was set up and done by Mike S. the Cruise Director on the Star and formet Asst. cruise director on the Dawn and the Jewel.

In August on the Jewel in the Med. Mike put on a Murder Mystery Dinner. My DH had unfortunally made other plans for the evening and I was unable to do it. I was hoping to be able in this Summer in Alaska on the Star.

Mike S. is moving back to the Jewel as the CD next week. So it looks like we may be out of luck this summer on the Star.

Archived