Funchal Cruise To Egypt!! Part 4.

seabourndt

MON 21ST NOV.

on only one engine we arrived at safaga in 1130. as i had not booked an excursion i just walked into town after lunch up on deck. found a few shops among them a supermarket where i bough a phonecard. i rung mum up as she had not been too good the call only lasted 2 mins before the money ran out. then after having a drink walked back along the dusty road to the ship. i saw a ferry next to our ship with tons of luggage waiting to load onto the ferry. after getting back on board and finding out we were not leaving that night were given an addtl excursion to luxor the next morning which we would billed for. i booked this up as i always wanted to go there. after dinner we were told there would be a delay in the ship leaving before the pub quiz which was quite good. i joined up with lesley and des and a few others. we made 68 i think not the winners but not far behind.

TUE 22ND NOV.

today we had to get up very early! at 0515hrs, very early breakfast before boarding our bus for the long drive to luxor. we made a stop shortly after leaving where there were 100's of other buses it was quite difficult to find my coach as it was still dark. had lunch in hotel which was nice followed by trip to "karnak" temple. then the long drive back to the ship. "mary anne" from melbourne the life and soul of any party entertained us with singing songs. we arrived back at the ship at 2130hrs. had a very late dinner, i had catfish. as it was so late missed the show "los paraguyas" which was on at the same time. so after my cigar on deck it was to bed after a very long day.

WED 23RD NOV.

after breakfast caught the shuttle bus to hurgada, after dropping us off at the coffee shop i went with lesley and des through the old market buying a few things. among them a few glass souvenirs, it was 1st time i had seen these 3d things which were really good but they seem to be everywhere. so then we gopt a taxi to take us to the "sindbad hotel resort". we wentb into the resort hotel and had a bit of a snorkal. after a bit of lunch in mcdonalds before finding this souvenir shop that were selling the same things as in the market for half te price and no bartering! we had asked the taxi driver to pick us up but he never turned up. it cost 50pounds to get back to hurgada we forgot to say the old town so he thought we meant the new town. we got our shuttle bus after having a drink at the coffee shop. upon arrival in my cabin i found a tray of hors de oerves which was a nice surprise. after the french dinner of frogs legs,veal and tirimisu. we had the captains address unfortunatly he did not talk english very goood and it was hard for him. a few of the questions were very stupid and obvious for most of us. after that we did not see or hear the captain after that time. the captain stated the ship was waiting for engineeers to arrive from germany to access the damage to the port engine. but it was expected 7-10 days delay. if we wanted toleave the ship and return to australia we could do that just fill in this form. we would get back 70% refund. if we decided to stay on the ship we would get a $200 free bar bill. we had to decide by the time the new itinarary was made up. if we leftr it later than this the percentage would be reduced.

THU 24TH NOV.

after my usual mile walk around the deck, i stayed on board the ship. after lunch i got the shuttle bus to safaga holiday inn to have a sit on the beach. 1s6t stay said we would have to pay 5 euros to enter the hotel but this was made free. after dinner the show was DUCK CAMERON thew magician who was very good.

Archived