Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

12 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Good luck with it Davy, to the one who taught me to make roasties, or at least a reasonable stateside version.

Be a bit wary.  My younger son overdid the keto, made himself ill.  I think you probably know there are certain minimums to consume and avoid such a fate.

I Must admitQSS, I never get too involved with macros etc, more the principal. I’m sorry to hear your son overdid it. I go a bit free and easy (as ever) and when I’m a good boy it’s 20g carbs, when I’m a forgetful boy it’s 50g carbs and now and again it’s 2 bacon butties and a pasties de nata sort me out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, QueSeraSera said:

Thank you for that, I should've added he is fine now (and thinner).  Going now to look up bacon butties, breakfast tomorrow perhaps?.& will send a roasties photo when they are next on the menu 🙂

Thick cut tiger bread, slathered with salted butter. Home cured bacon grilled till crispy (none of that American rubbish injected with slime) and then grilled until it’s nearly edible. In fairness, UK supermarkets use the same technique.  I Don’t get the whole American/Canadian/British bacon thing. It’s almost as offensive as chicken sausages in Dubai. Bacon is cured not injected with Brine. Our local butchers do a superb job.

• Like 5

Yesterday afternoon I was walking and holding hands with my wife. I suddenly dropped her hand and grabbed my cell phone to take this picture. She hit me in my chest and wouldn't talk to me the rest of the day. Last night, she asked me "How could you?" I said "How could I not? It's not every day you see a dog driving a car."

image.png.91eb0fe8a9115761b1640fb5f2350b1f.png

A single guy decided life would be more fun if he had a pet.

So he went to the pet store and told the owner hat he wanted to buy an unusual pet.

After some discussion, he finally bought a talking centipede,
which came in a little white box to use for his house.

He took the box back home, found a good spot for the box,
and decided he would start off by taking his new pet to the pub for a drink with him.

So he asked the centipede in the box,
"Would you like to go down the pub with me today? We will have a good time."

But there was no answer from his new pet.

This bothered him a bit, but he waited a few minutes and then asked again,"How about going down the pub with me ?"

But again, there was no answer from his new friend and pet.
So he waited a few minutes more, thinking about the situation.

The guy decided to invite the centipede one last time.

This time he put his face up against the centipede ' s box and shouted, "Hey, in there! Would you like to go to the pub with me? .....

This time, a little voice came out of the box, ''I heard you the first time! I 'm putting my f---ing shoes on!"

image.jpeg.1ff5aad8bce3ad9a906bb87d7c51b002.jpeg

• Haha 7