San Pedro Pier

LaRee1L

Will be departing on the 1/12/06 Star cruise from San Pedro pier. Not sure what time we will be arriving at the pier - my question is "Is there seating available at the pier?" I only ask since I am traveling with a couple of elderly people and it will be hard for them to stand for a long period of time if the lines are long for check-in. Appreciate any info.

I guess it would depend on when the ship starts the check in process. When we were there in early December they did have seats once you got through the security checkpoint where they check your ID. You then have to wait again for them to call your group to check in with the cruiseline. There were rows of seats there to sit in for that wait. But prior to that we had to stand in line outside for about an hour to get to that point and there was very little seating outside. We arrived at the pier around 1 and the line was already pretty long. I believe they hadn't even started letting people through at that time. But once they opened the check in we had to wait quite a awhile until we even got in the building. And since we were latitude memebers we got to go straight to the latitude line.

Archived