Excursion info needed

disneylover89

I am thinking of booking a beach excursion for St Thomas but I hate to pre-book and then it is a rainy, dreary day and now we still have to go if Carnival does not cancel the excursion.

With that being said, do excursions sell out quick on the ship? Do beach excursions ever really sell out? Are you able to book excursions on the TV on the Magic or do you have to go to the desk and wait on line?

Generally speaking, excursions may or may not sell out. We usually take our chances and book on board. At least some of the ships allow you to book an excursion 24/7 at a kiosk in the atrium.

If it's just a bus that drops and picks you up from the beach, it's very unlikely to sell out. They can always just get another bus.

Usually much cheaper to just wait and get a taxi,that includes a tour for much less,but I know many like to use ship excursions.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Forums mobile app

This excursion has a scenic stop on the ride to the beach and includes the sky ride. It also sounds like it may go to a different part of Megans beach that locals don't go to but I could be wrong.

Good thing about booking through Carnival is that you can always go to the excursion desk and change. We been with large groups before that have had difficulty deciding what to do. Excursion desk had always helped us out with some night before changes.

Wife and I can pretty much stick to plans, but single girl friends are a different story. Had to change when "those cute guys" were doing a different excursion.

Last time I was in St. Thomas the expected weather was unclear as to which way it would go. We decided simply to go with the flow and use a taxi. For $25/hour we had a driver/guide, we simply requested a scenic drive then to go to Coral World and Coki beach. We told the driver we would spend 3 hours at the attraction and beach then to come back for another 1 hour ride around to see other things. The total for 2 of us was under $125 with 2 hours of scenic guided touring, admission to Coral world, the sea lion show, lunch and the semi-sub add-on at the attraction. (Just to note the cab was a full size sedan and could of fit 2 more adults comfortably for the same per hour price.)

Returning to the ship, w e asked to be dropped off at the skyride planning to do that as well, but after a little over an hour in the air conditioned cab, it felt too humid to go to the peak, but if we had done this it would of been another $21/adult for unlimited rides. It would have been a simple 15 minute walk back from the skyride to the ship if we didn't stop inside stores every few doors to enjoy their AC and browse.