Cabin guarantee vs assigned cabin

kes

kes: I see you are a newbie poster. You can get a lot of good information here on cruise critic. Just read a few pages of the posts and learn tons.

A gauarantee - you will get a cabin of that category that you booked. Ex- if you book a balcony cabin that is what you will get...a balcony. You can never get a window or an oceanview. If you book an inside thats what you get. People take quarantees with the hopes they get upgraded. You can get upgraded from your category you booked to a higher category--never lower.

If you dont care where your cabin will be--thats the way to go. But you can be put under the disco or under some loud public room. If you get motion sickenss you can be put in the front of the ship where you will feel more motion.

Booking your own cabin--youknow exacly where you are gonna be before your cruise.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

thanks serene.

There is so much on this site that it is difficult to go thru all the forums and all the posts. icon_razz.gif

But it does make for enjoyable reading icon_smile.gif

Kes

nat003.gif

Try only checking the boards that you are interested in. I found that when sailing Carnival it was different then sailing with Royal. (not a lot but its there) Upgrades are different as are cruise lines. I can see a first time getting confused with all the information out there.

What ship you cruising on?

Living on Earth is expensive,

but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

We are looking at an Alaska cruise - Regal Princess from SF next year. It is a smaller ship. I've been told it is older but very nice.

Kes

sea18.gif

I like the smaller ships better. I have sailed the Voyager, Victory and the Sensation. I am booked on the Miracle and the LEgend. I see pictures of the Miracle next to the Victory and it is a lot smaller.

To me--Bigger is not always better

Living on Earth is expensive,

but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.

Going NOWHERE

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Usually a guarantee is less expensive than an assigned cabin. The key is to never book a guarantee for a type of cabin you would not be happy with. My last cruise was a BB guarantee upgraded free to an A, and then to an SS for $150 more. So for me it worked great. My next is in an assigned cabin because of a promotion. I'm fine with either way--but I'd still love an upgrade!

Usually a guarantee is less expensive than an assigned cabin. The key is to never book a guarantee for a type of cabin you would not be happy with. My last cruise was a BB guarantee upgraded free to an A, and then to an SS for $150 more. So for me it worked great. My next is in an assigned cabin because of a promotion. I'm fine with either way--but I'd still love an upgrade!

Depends on the line, Princess will upgrade either way unless you mark rez "do not upgrade", cost should be the same either way.

Archived