No Jamaica!

tflint

Itinerary changes happen quite often apparantly, on our 03 cruise weather was so bad in Grand Caymen we had to change to Key West which had been our 1st stop so we went there twice on the same cruise. On our 04 cruise we booked the granduer out of New Orleans mainley because it was making an afternoon/night time stop in Key West (we loved it the 1st 2 times)but all of a sudden the cruise line changed the itinerary to Belize we were very disappointed did not care for Belize at all (our own fault should have booked an excursion),we later found out it was not the Cruise line but the town of Key West itself that was responsible ,they have sunset parties every day and the large ships blocked out a lot of area normally used for sunset viewing.But we still had a great time .I liked Jamacia, my wife not as much but we both love Costa Maya just a nice relaxing and beautiful stop believe me your cruise is still going to be the best. have fun

We should keep in mind the ships do not have the right to dock in any port. They are allowed to dock by the port authority of the particular country, and have to pay a fee to do so. If the Jamaican goverment saw fit to make changes due construction projects, then the cruiselines have no choice but to alter itineraries. The OP should be happy that RCI chose to add Costa Maya instead of another sea day. Although an extra sea day wouldn't bother me, I know others would be disappointed.

One thing is for sure about cruising the Caribbean; there is always the possibility of an itinerary change due to weather, civil unrest, mechanical problems or illness onboard. If you're able to go with the flow, you can have a great cruise in spite of changes.

If our ship were to switch from Jamaica my daughter would be crushed!

I didn't care which ship I went on, but when I offered up the itineraries to my daughter (keep in mind, she's just turned 9), she was adamant that we HAD to go back to Jamaica. She doesn't care if we get off the ship in Cozumel or Grand Cayman... but she HAS to climb the falls!

Go figure!

Archived