GETAWAY Review July 29-Aug 5

sakura3

• 9 months later...
On 8/22/2018 at 11:11 AM, sakura3 said:

a few more things (shower thoughts)!

1. straws! since these were so heavily debated about before I went... I had received some biodegradable fancy paper straws in a subscription box a few years ago I hadn't used, so figured I'd bring them since maybe it would be hard without straws?? Well, I still haven't used them. I only ordered slushy drinks when on deck and it was hot enough that the slush melted enough to make it drinkable without a straw. All other liquid drinks were fine without one (and maybe it is better to sip slowly than slurp half a drink in one go? Food for thought 😉 )

2. just a general opinion. There is so much talk about Haven and upgrading to Haven/so many reviews from Haven people here that I got it in my head I would not enjoy my vacation without being in Haven. As you read, I didn't get upgraded to Haven. I'm sure I would have loved it there, however I had a wonderful, indulgent time with all the "commoners" (lol)- so just keep it all in mind when planning your vacation and don't worry about keeping up with the Joneses if it isn't in your budget. You will forget it is even there (they do a good job of hiding it from everyone).

I've seen some mention of them switching to paper straws, but no straws? Is that what you experienced? That seems a little extreme on NCL's part. I don't normally use straws, but I do like them in certain drinks. My DW uses them in every drink, so we'll definitely need to bring our own if they continue the no straws policy.