Transportation from Houston to Galveston

michigander

Any suggestions on transportation from Houston Bush International airport to Galveston? Four of us will be arriving the afternoon and evening before our cruise starts. We have to board in the morning. We were thinking of staying in Galveston the night before. We would prefer not to have to rent a car for a week we don't even use it.

We rented a car the day before from Enterprise and returned it in the morning before we boarded the ship. It was very inexpensive. On the way back we took a limo, which was a nice, relaxing way to end the trip.

We have cruised out of Galveston twice before. The car rental has been a problem as the only rental agency that we know of that does not charge a drop off fee for Bush (IAH) to Galveston is Enterprise. However our experinece with Enterprise is hey had such poor service we gave up our rental and found a taxi mini-van as we were a party of 6. We have also done the Limo one way as well, that was fun and it was only a few dollars higher than a cab.

The port at Galveston is a nightmare when the the ship arrives. It is a bottleneck and we had seen very limited improvement. Perhaps it improved in 2005?

Griswalds

Hi...we are travelling into IAH as well. I called my TA and she called Princess and got us their shuttle for $66 round trip per person....may be a little steep, but they will be waiting for you to get off plane, and doing it with the ship, they won't leave without you!! (we are coming in the morning of departure) Had I read these boards before booking, I would have checked air into Hobby as it appears to be closer and I would have checked Limo prices....Hope that helps! HAPPY CRUISING!!

Archived