Fort Lauderdale - hotel - port....Help please

Guest hockeychic

You should be fine with Comfort Suites. We stayed there one time pre cruise and enjoyed it. Its not in a bad area. We walked to drug store after dark and didn't feel threatned. We now like to stay at Amerisuites. Will not stay at Redroof inn or Remada. They were Dumps. We bid on priceline and now we are staying at Shereton Yankee Clipper In 3 weeks. Only because for some reason prices have doubled for a couple of weeks. Had to bid just to get a decant motel. Best of luck. Bill

It says that one member of the party must be a member of "Significant Organization". What organization is that?

All I can tell you is that everyone that has used this discount link has not had a problem. No one was ever asked for a membership card. If you're concerned, just print out the discount link page to show to the manager if any questions arise.

Hyatt was great last year and we are staying again in April. I love to sit on the balcony and watch the ships pull in. It makes the excitement greater.

Thanks, I did not realize that the Hyatt was that close. It is the Hyatt Regency right? I read somewhere that there is another Hyatt also, but not sure if it was in that particular area.

Anyway, thanks so much I am going to book our room today or tomorrow. Sitting here in the 7 degree temps with a foot of snow and the wind chill at -12 degrees right now, I am surely ready to go on a cruise and be warm!

Please forgive me for the stupid question. We are booked at the Sleep Inn in Dania for one nite pre cruise. We have never used hotel shuttles. How do you arrange that? Do we call hotel before leaving home or is there a number to call when we get to FLL? Thanks for any help.

Judi :)

Thanks, I did not realize that the Hyatt was that close. It is the Hyatt Regency right? I read somewhere that there is another Hyatt also, but not sure if it was in that particular area.

Anyway, thanks so much I am going to book our room today or tomorrow. Sitting here in the 7 degree temps with a foot of snow and the wind chill at -12 degrees right now, I am surely ready to go on a cruise and be warm!

Sorry, this is the Hyatt Pier 66 that is on the waterway. Fantastic view from the balcony with coffee. We paid about that last year unfortunately we are going right after spring break and the prices have gone up. Well worth it in our minds.:)

I just wanted to say that I recently stayed at the LaQuinta on 26th Ave for my precruise hotel and would rate it as a good hotel for a one night stay. When I arrived in FLL, I called the hotel for the free shuttle and they arrived 25 min. later. Also I signed up for the shuttle to the pier but ended up not taking it as it didn't leave until noon and I was a little antsy to get to the ship so I took a taxi. :) I thought the hotel was pricey at 188.00 but the room was clean and the lobby area and staff were very nice. I did have a problem with the toilet not working when I arrived at my room but one call and they moved me to another room. I was traveling by myself and it didn't appear to me there were any dining places that were close enough to walk to that I felt comfortable with (not across or a short ways down the street for sure but I could have missed it). However, There are several restaurants that will deliver to the hotel...chinese and italian and you can also order pizza for delivery. The hotel has menus at the front desk. There is also a free continental breakfast available.

I need a bed and a shower for one night: March 23. I'm arriving into FLL late and want to be on the boat early. I don't care about anything except for low rate, free shuttle from airport and free shuttle to cruise port. Just one person. Last time I stayed for about $65 at a Rodeway Inn, but I'm not finding low prices for my date. Anyone have a suggestion? CHEAP is the word!

Hi All

I just found this board. We are sailing on the Legend on March 8th and have booked a night at the Best Western, Ft Laud Inn for $149.00 per night. It got ok reviews. Is this a mistake? The address is 1221 State Rd 84. I have time to change but need to do so soon. I don't mind staying in a 3 star hotel for one night but I don't want to be in a rough area. :( We will be arrriving at 10:00 am. They have a pool and are close to the pier but we will have to eat dinner in the area etc. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your advice.:)

showe0208, The area you've selected is not the greatest area in our town. For around the same price, in nicer neighborhoods, the Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania and the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood would be a better choice. Both offer airport/cruiseport shuttle, free breakfast and a pool. Both hotels have received favorable reviews from your fellow cruisers.

If your familiar with Priceline, winning bids for the Marriott Renaissance on SE 17th Street have been averaging $125 a night.

For post-cruise, I just got the Renaissance for $101 via Priceline. A cheap rental car via Priceline seems the most economical (got one for $16 for pre-cruise) but will I be able to get get a shuttle to pick it up? If not, a cab seems the cheaper option to get to the hotel from the cruise port and from the hotel to the airport.

Suggestions on the best option for transportation to and from the Renaissance?

Bequia, I haven't checked this site for a while and now I am concerned. We had reservations at both the Hampton Inn Ft Laud Airport North SW 12th Av and the Sleep Inn in Dania which has gotten good reviews here. I cancelled the Sleep Inn and decided to stay at the Hampton Inn. Did we make a bad decision? Can you give us your opinion of the Hampton Inn? We want to be able to walk to a food store to pick up a few items. And go to a liqour store foor some wine. How far are we from the new Total Wine? Can you suggest a good place for dinner?

The date is March 2nd, this Friday!

Bequia I know I have asked you this before..so forgive me but are there restaurtants and some type of store to buy water and or pop close to the Sleep Inn in Dania? Oh yes and how far from the beach are we?

thank you and please forgive the redundancy.

russnleanne, I'm staying at the Sleep Inn pre-cruise starting tomorrow. Bequia has posted before that there is a Publix grocery store across the street for beer , wine, and soft drinks. Also there are 3 restaurants nearby, they are Mexican, Chinese, and Italian.

showe0208, The area you've selected is not the greatest area in our town. For around the same price, in nicer neighborhoods, the Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania and the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood would be a better choice. Both offer airport/cruiseport shuttle, free breakfast and a pool. Both hotels have received favorable reviews from your fellow cruisers.

If your familiar with Priceline, winning bids for the Marriott Renaissance on SE 17th Street have been averaging $125 a night.

Thanks Bequia,

I have asked my TA to look for something nicer. I'm so unfamiliar with this area as is my TA :( . WE will be arriving early in the morning so we will have the whole day. if we were arriving late I wouldn't care as much. How far is the closest public beach from the Sleep Inn or Laquinta and estimated taxi fare? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for your help.

How far is the closest public beach from the Sleep Inn or Laquinta and estimated taxi fare? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for your help.

Here's info that Bequia has posted in the past about the beach in regards to the Sleep Inn.

Originally Posted by Bequia

Sleep Inn is 1.5 miles from Hollywood Beach, one of if not the nicest beaches in SoFla. I'd recommend a cab and have them drop you off at the Marriott on Hollywood Beach. It's a great starting point to walk either north or south on the oceanfron broadwalk. Not only that, they have a fantastic open air cafe overlooking the ocean with an ecclectic menu. Simply delicious. The broadwalk is almost 3 miles long, very safe and secure.

Here's a virtual tour of the beach:

http://www.hollywoodfl.org/virtual_t.../broadwalk.htm (http://www.hollywoodfl.org/virtual_tours/broadwalk/broadwalk.htm)

And another link:

http://www.visithollywood.org/

Marriott Hollywood Beach:

http://www.hollywoodbeachmarriott.com/

The cab fare should be minimal, $5-$8 each way. There's always cabs waiting for fares at the Marriott. The walk from the Sleep Inn to the beach is doable, it's flat with the only rise crossing over the drawbridge that traverses the intracoastal. I enjoy a good walk too but I would save my energy for the broadwalk beach walk. Trust me, it's a really gorgeous beach, the broadwalk is wonderful, you can check out all the family owned oceanfront hotels and motels.

I'm willing to bet after your visit you'll book a week in one of the properties for your next visit. Depending on the time of the year it's best to walk early morning or late afternoon as the nid-day sun and heat can get to you. (unless of course you bring your bathing suit, showers are available at almost every other block on the broadwalk )

Archived