Fort Lauderdale - hotel - port....Help please

Guest hockeychic

We stayed at the Bahia Mar , close to airport and port. Paid $101 on price line. Let me know if any q's?

Hey, Take a look:)

2-27-08 - 8 Days on the Miracle, Carnival raised their prices and makes our CC group an even better value!

St Kitts, St Lucia, St . Martin...

Cruise 8 days for the price of 7--Join us NOW!!!

We booked a room at the Hampton Inn in Plantation. It's not as close to the port or airport as some of the other hotels, but we got a great rate, it offers free airport shuttle service, free port shuttle service, free breakfast, is next to a mall, close to a SuperTarget and another shopping area. Besides that, I have read nothing but great reviews on it.

Just something you could check into....

Camperhawk- The Comfort Suites on 1800 S. Fed. Hwy are according

to the map about 1 mile from cruise terminal and 2 miles from airport.

We got a good internet price for the rooms we booked for Feb. 2008. Free

shuttle from airport and free shuttle to cruise terminal.

Sounds good to me, even with other posters' advice to take a taxi to the port. We will be in Fort Lauderdale in late November for a one-night pre-cruise stay. What was your final cost on the internet? Was that from the hotel itself? Or was it from one of the internet travel sites? If it was from an internet travel site, did you happen to check the difference between that price and what the hotel itself offerred? I am somewhat leary of booking with anyone other than the actual hotel etc. that I am dealing with.

In checking sites recommended on a Celebrity Cruises thread, the hotels around 17th street were all over $200 U.S., per night, which is high, as far as I am concerned.

Spearmint: I booked the room on the Comfort Suites site. I compared the different cats that are given (Gov., Senior, business and internet).

Internet rate was lowest. I tried to call the motel direct but was put on hold and was never answered. I think that you just have to be ready to leave on shuttle in the morning and not wait till last minute to want to be taken to

cruise terminal. Also shuttles can be busy if lots of ships are in port on your

departure day. Have experienced the shuttle mess in Galveston, Tx.

Spearmint: I booked the room on the Comfort Suites site. I compared the different cats that are given (Gov., Senior, business and internet).

Internet rate was lowest. I tried to call the motel direct but was put on hold and was never answered. I think that you just have to be ready to leave on shuttle in the morning and not wait till last minute to want to be taken to

cruise terminal. Also shuttles can be busy if lots of ships are in port on your

departure day. Have experienced the shuttle mess in Galveston, Tx.

I have been arranging our cruise, and have a real coincidence for you, along with my thanks for this thread. From the time of my posting above, until now (2 hours later), I received a call from my TA who was finding out about both hotels and the cruise from Celebrity, and he suggested that he could check out other hotels in the area. Would you believe that when he called me back with the information, he told me the prices for the cruise, and he had forgotten to ask them about their pre-cruise hotels. BUT he said he had checked out one called Comfort Suites at 1800 South Federal and he could get it for $83 US tax included. Imagine my surprise. I would never have been sure of what to do, had it not been for your thread. I told him to book the cruise and the hotel right now. So, thanks again!:D

We are considering this hotel for a one night post cruise stay. Has anyone stayed there recently? What are your thoughts/opinions?

I've had the pleasure of staying there on several occasions. It's a beautiful property directly on the ocean. 80% of the rooms have great views of the ocean. The area is safe, the broadwalk that runs between the hotel and the ocean is great for a liesurely stroll. The hotel restaurant is spectacular with an eclectic menu that you won't find in most Marriotts. If you can get a room at this property by all means, go for it. ;)

I've had the pleasure of staying there on several occasions. It's a beautiful property directly on the ocean. 80% of the rooms have great views of the ocean. The area is safe, the broadwalk that runs between the hotel and the ocean is great for a liesurely stroll. The hotel restaurant is spectacular with an eclectic menu that you won't find in most Marriotts. If you can get a room at this property by all means, go for it. ;)

Wow.....thanks for the fabulous input!!!! Glad to hear about the hotel restaurant as we are huge "foodies". Should be a great ending to our cruise vacation.

I just booked the comfort Suites today for the internet rate of $79. I called and booked on the phone but they gave me the internet rate. (You have to ask for it) The reservation is held on a credit card and not charged till you arrive. You can cancel it up to 24 hours in advance without penalty. I use Choice hotels all the time and have never had a problem.

We stayed at the Sleep Inn, Dania and it was just OK. Very small and not very convenient but it was close to shopping and resturants. They did have free shuttles as well and we used them from the airport and to the cruiseport without a problem during the week. I am sure it gets very crazy on the weekends.

We have also stayed at AmeriSuites and the last time we decide we needed to find something a bit nicer. It is ok for one night but not especially clean or organized and very busy.

Good luck to all of you in finding a good room and as always, Happy Cruising!

Need suggestions for PreCruise Hotel/motel near airport and port in

Fort Lauderdale. Sail 2/29/08. Not having much luck in finding place that is not already sold out. Not sure what is happening in Ft. Lauderdale that time of year. Looking for place that has free shuttle from airport and to port.

I am cruising in July 07 and reserved a nice room at Riverside which is an older 'quaint' hotel....$129/night. Good luck.

I am staying at the Riverside in July of this year....$129/night...reviews say 'QUAINT'....and only 0.4 mi from Port.....Good luck.

Need suggestions for PreCruise Hotel/motel near airport and port in

Fort Lauderdale. Sail 2/29/08. Not having much luck in finding place that is not already sold out. Not sure what is happening in Ft. Lauderdale that time of year. Looking for place that has free shuttle from airport and to port.

We booked the Embassy Suites on 17th street through Princess. $79 per night per person - includes transfers to the hotel from the airport and hotel to Port Everglades. Embassy has the free drinks in the evening (managers reception) and also a wonderful free breakfast in the mornings.

Does anyone know how close a grocery store would be? I heard there is a Publix within walking distance - but no ones seems to be able to confirm that. Thanks

Does anyone know how close a grocery store would be? I heard there is a Publix within walking distance - but no ones seems to be able to confirm that. Thanks

The Publix is directly behind the hotel. ;)

We booked the Embassy Suites on 17th street through Princess. $79 per night per person - includes transfers to the hotel from the airport and hotel to Port Everglades. Embassy has the free drinks in the evening (managers reception) and also a wonderful free breakfast in the mornings.

If memory serves me right it is right by your hotel.. we stayed at the Amerisuites and Publix was right there..I think Publix is right behind the Embassy Suites. But definitely close enough to walk :)

Have you checked the Hampton Inn in Planation? They have a free airport shuttle and free transportation to the port. The rooms are great and the place is right across the street from a large mall with a good food court plus there are other eating places in the area. The area surrounding the Inn is very nice also. Last I checked the rate was $149 a night. The Hampton in Hollywood is nice also.

I have been arranging our cruise, and have a real coincidence for you, along with my thanks for this thread. From the time of my posting above, until now (2 hours later), I received a call from my TA who was finding out about both hotels and the cruise from Celebrity, and he suggested that he could check out other hotels in the area. Would you believe that when he called me back with the information, he told me the prices for the cruise, and he had forgotten to ask them about their pre-cruise hotels. BUT he said he had checked out one called Comfort Suites at 1800 South Federal and he could get it for $83 US tax included. Imagine my surprise. I would never have been sure of what to do, had it not been for your thread. I told him to book the cruise and the hotel right now. So, thanks again!:D

I called the Comfort Suites Reservation Phone and could not get the low rate

you received. We are sailing in late Feb. (high season). The internet price

we did get as not bad and I believe fair. When I are you sailing? If you are sailing before me, you can give me your opinion of the motel and its services

Now I am trying to find a decent airfare. May still be a little early.

I just booked the comfort Suites today for the internet rate of $79. I called and booked on the phone but they gave me the internet rate. (You have to ask for it) The reservation is held on a credit card and not charged till you arrive. You can cancel it up to 24 hours in advance without penalty. I use Choice hotels all the time and have never had a problem.

We stayed at the Sleep Inn, Dania and it was just OK. Very small and not very convenient but it was close to shopping and resturants. They did have free shuttles as well and we used them from the airport and to the cruiseport without a problem during the week. I am sure it gets very crazy on the weekends.

We have also stayed at AmeriSuites and the last time we decide we needed to find something a bit nicer. It is ok for one night but not especially clean or organized and very busy.

Good luck to all of you in finding a good room and as always, Happy Cruising!

When are you sailing and did you book the Comfort Suites on Fed. Hwy?

That is a GREAT low price you got. I called and could not get that low.

Check out Tripadvisor. I find the reviews to be quite accurate and have used this site to help me decide on hotels. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express convention center before our cruise. It was near shopping etc and offered airport and cruise transportation . It is near the cruise port.

This has got to be a mistake! I put in Fort Lauderdale on Hotels.com, and it is showing Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Oakland at $2 a night! :eek:

It's for the non-smoking room (2 double beds). The smoking room (2 double beds) is $139! :p

How long til you think they catch this mistake? Would they have to honor it if anyone booked it?

I really had to do a double-take when I saw it! Lol!! :D

Seven couples in our group booked those rooms today and got confirmations back. We are all sailing on the Liberty 2/2/08.

I saw these rooms around noon today, so hope they stay around long enough for the rest to get booked.

We already have reservations that we can cancel later if everything stays intact and hotels.com doesn't canel our reservations.

I've heard it's not the "best" but it was recently remodeled and for one night and $2.00 we are going to have a "cultural experience".:rolleyes:

Uh-oh....I think it's gone! I just went out to book our hotel for June in Ft Lauderdale and it's showing $89 per night. Awwww rats! I was going to jump on that $2/night thing!! Heck yeah! I might check it again later to see if it glitches back or not, but for now, it's showing $89.

Bummer.....congrats to those of you who scooped it up!

Once the mistake is realized, they'll probably come up with some carefully worded legalize that gets them off the hook...;)

I was thinking they would have to "eat" this mistake and honor all who booked. I wish you good luck! :)

Uh-oh....I think it's gone! I just went out to book our hotel for June in Ft Lauderdale and it's showing $89 per night. Awwww rats! I was going to jump on that $2/night thing!! Heck yeah! I might check it again later to see if it glitches back or not, but for now, it's showing $89.

Bummer.....congrats to those of you who scooped it up!

It's showing $2 a night when I type in January 4, 2008. I think it's a glitch for next January. I haven't typed in any other dates than that.

Archived