Fort Lauderdale - hotel - port....Help please

Guest hockeychic

Thanks to everyone who posted here!

I just booked pre-cruise at The Sleep Inn for Dec.3 at a AAA rate of $89.00 for 1 King, non-smoking. Awesome considered the amenities. Stayed at Amerisuites last summer with mixed feelings. Could get it for $79 on Value trips... think I did MUCH better with SI :D

Thinking about post cruise as well, but even with AAA rate, there is $20 increase. Could always book now, and cancel later if something better comes along!

Thanks again! Hadn't even considered SI until this thread!

A~

Based on this board, I reserved at the Sleep Inn / Dania (link) for 2 adults/1 child at the AAA rate of $117 pre- and $107 post-cruise (1 night & 2 nights, respectively - prices before the 11% tax). As others have said, it's good to have a lock and a 24-hour cancellation if a "better" hotel surfaces ... though a clean bed and a pool are all we're really looking for.

A nice benefit (from their site): "This Dania hotel provides free transportation to the Fort Lauderdale / Hollywood International Airport and Port Everglades."

I also noticed on their website: "Guests of this Dania hotel will also enjoy the fitness center, outdoor heated pool and hot tub." So apparently enjoyment will be had, or else! :D

And as for fellow members Ann & Derek Noton, to bad they don't do adequate research on local properties and activities ;)

MJ

Here's a link to a site for those of you that aren't eligible for any discounts....and others may want to check and see if their rate is cheaper. It's for all Choice hotels - Sleep Inn, Comfort Inn, etc. It's through smartertravel dot com. We've used this several times and have never had to show any ID at all.

http://www.smartertravel.com/discounts/Save-Quality-Comfort-Clarion.html?id=16348

:D

Here's a link to a site for those of you that aren't eligible for any discounts....and others may want to check and see if their rate is cheaper. It's for all Choice hotels - Sleep Inn, Comfort Inn, etc. It's through smartertravel dot com. We've used this several times and have never had to show any ID at all.

http://www.smartertravel.com/discounts/Save-Quality-Comfort-Clarion.html?id=16348

tHANKS kATHI... TELL ME THOUGH, ARE YOU SAYING WE GO THROUGH THE RESERVATION PROCESS using the "significant organization savings rate?" :confused: Looks good to me if that is the case! Any idea what it means?

Thanks!

A~

:o OK... never mind, I just read the linked page and that is what it says... thanks for the link and the potential savings!

A~

PPS... you just saved me $10 on the 1st night, and convinced me to stay post cruise as well with a savings of $15. over my AAA rate!!! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!:D

a~

No problem!! Every dollar counts!!! I was nervous about using it at first not knowing what a "Significant Organization" really was, but....we've probably used it 10 times now without question from anybody anywhere!! It is right on smartertravel's hotel page at the bottom. And..it's weird...just booking through that link takes you right to their website anyway. I'm glad to share it with everybody!!

Kathi, thanks for the great info. For the August stay in Dania, the rate stayed the same because they do the over 60 rate. There are many others that don't do that, and this will be invaluable. Thanks again for the great info Beej

I have used this code before as I am a member of one of the "significant organizations." The code appears in the choice hotels ad in the significant organization's quarterly newsletter. What I have found interesting is that their internet user's rate is usually lower than the AAA or AARP rate (online choices, not the call and ask about over 60 rate that some have posted here about).

Choice hotels also has a choice privileges rewards program that you can join to earn free nights.

KroozFoolz, one question, what is the significant organizations. Would I be right in assuming it is like military or travel industry rates? :confused: Just a curiosity factor as long as it works. Thanks for the info Beej

KroozFoolz, one question, what is the significant organizations. Would I be right in assuming it is like military or travel industry rates? :confused: Just a curiosity factor as long as it works. Thanks for the info Beej

The one I belong to is the travel services offered to Sam's Club members. When I have used this on the choice hotels site, I have entered the code that appears in the choice hotels ad in the Sam's Club travel services newsletter as well as selecting the "significant organization" option. A new page opens up and asks if it is for Sam's Club member, and I select yes. The savings are not substantial, but heh, it is better than nothing, and helps to offset the taxes a bit.

Thanks Kathi for the link. I tried it and it did save me $9 from the AAA rate. Not much, but every little bit helps. I now have a $71.99 rate instead of $80.99. Our stay is in Oct. The post cruise rate for the following weekend was about $16 more. :(

I'm wondering if this is a travel agent rate or something. Because I noticed on the page when it quoted me the price or it may have been the page after I booked, it showed an Iata number which is what travel agents use. Anyone know what the significant orginizations is?? Hope they don't ask to show anything.

Thanks again! :)

Thank you for that link! I had booked my airfare right through RCCL when I booked my cruise but I started to worry about getting to the ship on time so I thought I would research hotels and change my flight arrangements. I was finding rates from about $250 per night to $400 per night. Through that site I was able to get Sleep Inn for $119 per night. We have now extended our honeymoon to two nights before the cruise and an extra night after the cruise and with buying our own airfare we are still saving about $400 from what we had originally booked through RCCL! I'm excited to be able to spend some time in Fort Lauderdale since I have never been there!

Thanks again.

Thanks Kathi for the link. I tried it and it did save me $9 from the AAA rate. Not much, but every little bit helps. I now have a $71.99 rate instead of $80.99. Our stay is in Oct. The post cruise rate for the following weekend was about $16 more. :(

I'm wondering if this is a travel agent rate or something. Because I noticed on the page when it quoted me the price or it may have been the page after I booked, it showed an Iata number which is what travel agents use. Anyone know what the significant orginizations is?? Hope they don't ask to show anything.

Thanks again! :)

Thanks for the smarter travel website...Saved another $10 at the Sleep Inn for my pre cruise night. I'm down to $71.99 Anyone else got anything better ??

A nice benefit (from their site): "This Dania hotel provides free transportation to the Fort Lauderdale / Hollywood International Airport and Port Everglades."

MJ

I recently booked this hotel for our precruise stay in Oct. I was wondering if they have a shuttle FROM the airport to the hotel. I noticed that the website only says TO the airport.

We got the $71.99 rate for a nonsmoking, King bed.

Thanx

Tanya

Kathi, THANKS FOR THE LINK :)

I had a reservation for Dec 03 pre-cruise for $139.99 twin suite.

Used the link...got the same twin suite for $111.99

THANKS AGAIN !!!! ;)

We will be there December 3 as well... got a king/non-smoking room for $79.99. Can't beat the price considering the airport/cruiseport transfers and breakfast are included!

We're sailing on the Enchantment... how about you?

A~

We will be there December 3 as well... got a king/non-smoking room for $79.99. Can't beat the price considering the airport/cruiseport transfers and breakfast are included!

We're sailing on the Enchantment... how about you?

A~

Can you gve me a link as to where you got that price - I keep getting well over $100 - e mail if you want - rjandy@chartermi.net

Ron

Archived