Back to Cuba on the Sky: PHOTO REVIEW

Bostonjetset

Thank you for the review. Although we are not going to Cuba on the Sky I have been looking for recent reviews. We are only doing a short getaway, Nassau and GSC.

We have cruised on NCL's mega ships lately, and I love them, but we are hoping for a quieter less crowded experience this time. Your pictures make me want to head to Cuba someday.

Enjoy the Sky. She is such a lovely ship. And do try to get to Cuba soon...It's a wonderful island and so different from anywhere else in the West Indies. Thanks for reading! :):)

Looks like we were on this cruise at the same time! Concur with your thoughts. We went to the Parisienne Cabaret at the Hotel Nationale and enjoyed both the show and the historic hotel. Thanks for the review!

can you tell me about this option? Cruising in November with 18 yo and 15 yo. Tropicana is just out of our league. Hoping for the same vibe just a little cheaper. Any price, transportation tips you could give would be much appreciated.

BostonJetSet, your Great review has sealed the deal for us taking the Sky on this itinerary...THANK YOU!

David C.

Wow, that is great to hear!!! You are very welcome; I'm glad you found the review helpful. Enjoy your time in Havana and on the Sky!!!

can you tell me about this option? Cruising in November with 18 yo and 15 yo. Tropicana is just out of our league. Hoping for the same vibe just a little cheaper. Any price' date=' transportation tips you could give would be much appreciated.[/quote']

The tour bus picked us up at 8:20 and we were at the hotel in minutes. They had some of the performers in a ball room and introduced them to us. We were able to ask them questions about the show and their careers. There was time to look around the hotel a bit - it has an interesting history - then we went as a group into the showroom where we sat together. The room seats probably about 250 and it's air conditioned. We each got a free mimosa. The show is in Spanish but enjoyable - costumes are great. Not sure how teens would feel about it. Show ended at 11:30 and we were back to ship by midnight. Can't remember price but it was an NCL tour so should be on their web site.

Thank you very much for the review. I am going on the Sky September 24th 2018.

Do you have to book an excursion to go inside Cuba, or can you just walk around on your own.

By the way I enjoyed all your photo's

Thank you very much for the review. I am going on the Sky September 24th 2018.

Do you have to book an excursion to go inside Cuba, orcan you just walk around on your own.

By the way I enjoyed all your photo's

Thank you for reading. Enjoy your trip next month!!

As far as excursions, they are not required. You can still leave the ship without one. The Cuban govt. could care less what you do as long as you obey their laws. The U.S. govt. "officially" requires U.S. citizens to engage in certain types of activities [people to people, educational exchange, etc. etc.] and forbids us from hanging out on the beach as tourists or patronizing certain businesses. In reality, however, it would be nearly impossible for anyone to check where you shopped or ate as Cuba is still VERY much a cash economy so paper trails are nonexistent. As I went with my mother on this trip, we played the part of dutiful U.S. citizens and booked an officially compliant tour; it turned out to be wonderful! The farm experience was terrific and much different from any other shore excursion I've ever taken, through a ship or private. After the tour, we walked around Habana Vieja on our own and took a taxi to/from Revolution Square as I missed it on my last trip to Cuba. Whatever you decide on, you will have a wonderful time. Havana is a magical city.

Thank you so much for answering my questions. We are going to book something, we will decide tomorrow what we will be doing,

I really can't wait I know it's not a long time to visit there, but hope to make the best of it.

Will let you know the outcome when I return.:)

Are there no umbrellas on GSC??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

*I think* there are umbrellas for rent at GSC. Since we were on the 2nd tender to the island and found a spot in the natural shade I didn't go searching. It really was terribly hot that day though so I hope that had them available for those who couldn't find natural shade.