Turkey

brian_uk

Do you think that Oceania are keeping up with all the news on Turkey. I dont mean to be alarmist but ...............

The following was copied from a News Agency

" Meanwhile, Russia's Interfax news agency reported on Sunday that the country's chief epidemiologist has told his countrymen not to travel to Turkey - a popular vacation destination for Russians - because of the bird flu outbreak."

Brian

4 (3 have died)children from one family in the eastern city of Van have been struck down by bird flu. Now there is a report of 3 cases in Ankara. It's the 3 cases in Ankara that would have me concerned. Authorities say that all the patients have been in close contact with diseased poultry, contact with poultry increasing because families have been bringing their chicken inside their houses due to the cold weather. Here's a link to the CNN story.

spongerob > "I don't think anyone is going to go into alarm mode yet."

Not at all, but I am wondering if insurance companies offer coverage for something like a cancellation due to an itinerary change, does anyone know, or have any experience with that type of situation? The highlight of our upcoming cruise is a return visit to Istanbul, and we would hate to travel so far, and miss that fascinating port. Thank you

Archived