Excursions

Rafter

I am looking for excursion suggestions for Limon & Ocho Rios. I will be traveling with my parents, my Dad is in a wheelchair, he is able to walk short distances. -- Has anyone done the Limon Experience or any other sightseeing type excursions?

I'll share our experience with you. My husband is in a w/c and we just went to Limon & Montego Bay. Limon was GREAT!!! We loved it. We didn't book an excursion aboard ship but got a van when we got off the ship. It was with Caribbean Adventure Tours. Our driver wa Danilo Hall and our guide was Shantani Hylton Spencer. We left the w/c at the dock and my husband transferred into the van (with assistance). We rode out to the banana plantation and then took a boat ride down the tortugueros. There were several "natives" who carried my husband onto the boat. (He was not real comfortable with that ride, but he enjoyed the boat ride very much!) Danny (our driver) and Shantani gave us a lot of information about the area and took us into some of the residential areas. They took us to the Lighthouse (restaurant) for lunch. It was our favorite port of call on our 12 day cruise.

http://www.geocities.com/adventure_caribbean

Phone: (506)382-6044 E-mail: adventure_caribbean@yahoo.com

Danny was very good at driving around so that Joe could see as much as possible from the van. It was clean, inexpensive, and WONDERFUL!!!

Since, our Panama round trip from Miami cruise was a last minute decision I did not have time to research tour options so since my husband could still board a bus with assistance, we took the Carnival Tortugueros Canal excursion. As rainymay7 siad, there were men at both ends of the boat trip willing to carry my husband, in his chair, onto and off the boat. The ride was pleasant; however most animals were up in the trees so take binoculars if you go.

We have been to Ocho Rios several times. The first time we took one of the van tours offered at the dock. It included Fern Gully, a hotel known for its gardens, Dunns River Falls and the duty free shopping area. Dunns Falls was not practical for my husband, but he enjoyed watching the drivers play dominos. He could access the first level of the duty free shopping area, but not the second level. The second time we hired a taxi and asked him to take us somewhere that we had not seen. He took us up into the hills which was interesting, but sad because of all the poverty.

Archived