Henna Tatoos at Paradise Beach?

theos on the go

My daughter would like to get a henna tatoo. Does anyone know if there is someone who does those at Paradise Beach? Or at Passion Island? We haven't decided which one we are doing yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Elation 1-2-05

Until the turkey in the tropics cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;11;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Majesty 94

Sovereign 95

Destiny 96

Fascination 97

Triumph 98

Celebration 99

Rhapsody 9/02

Rhapsody 10/03

Splendour 4/04

Grand Princess 11/04

• 4 weeks later...

Got one on ankle at Paradise Beach on Thurs. June 3 and it's already faded alot. Son got one on top of his foot and it still looks pretty good. Was told it would last 2 weeks. No so with mine.

• 1 month later...

Just so you know-there is NO such thing as black henna!! It can be extremely dangerous because black hair dye is used to color the henna. True henna is reddish brown & stains your skin. The amount of time it lasts depends on how you take care of the "tattoo" & how well your skin accepts the stain. It does not hurt at all-the henna mixture is applied to the top of your skin, not in it like an ink tattoo.

Check out this link for the dangers of "black" henna:

http://www.hennapage.com/henna/ppd/index.html

I have had several black henna tattoos at PB with no problem whatsoever. I have picked designs from the hundreds available in the display book and I have also designed/described my own. My favorite was my own creation, a lizard crawling out from between my fourth and little toe, with its tail wrapped around my little toe. With proper care it lasted about two weeks.

Many people get henna tattoos here in Cozumel. I have lived here over 6 years and this is the first time I have ever heard of having a health hazard.

My 2 centavos...

CozSally-I just put the information on here so people can make their own informed decisions. Some people have visible reactions, some don't. I don't think I personally would want to take the chance.

NeptunesGoddess-People want the "black" henna because it looks more like a real tattoo.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we do have a couple of excellant guys that do them on Passion Island. As everwhere, cost varies depending on design and size. You can choose the design or make one up. Most popular body location for them seem to be the small of your back, bicep, shoulder and ankle. Last from 2-3 weeks with proper care.

• 2 weeks later...

We were at Paradise Beach this past Thursday. My son got a henna tattoo (black). Three oriental letters that mean "Dragon God" on his upper arm area. The letters are abou 2 inches long by an inch across. It only cost $10.

He had no adverse reaction, and it's still there.

Tom, sorry I missed you!:(

Sharon H.

I was doing my duties at the Pier in the a.m. and unfortunately could not find time to get to the beach that day :( I am selling my house, and there was a film crew in from England filming a show called "A Place in the Sun", and our house was one of two that was featured in Cozumel. Hope to catch you next time!

Archived