Just back from Grand Cayman

kaylahszoo

I just wanted to let you know what I beautiful Island you have. We did the Nativeway Island tour and Stingray City. It started off a little rocky -even though we were on one of the first tenders off the ship- we were still late. Nativeway was great- they put us a a bus and rushed us to meet the rest of our group.

What a clean, beautiful island. Big differance from the beaches of Costa Maya and Cozumel. Big differance in everything compared to the Mexico ports. Our family is thinking of doing a vacation to see more of the Cayman Islands. Just wish our ship stayed in port longer than 6 hours (but by the time they tender in the ship excursions and then you and the time to wait in line to tender back- you time is cut in half.)

What did you think of the island tour? My family is going to be there in two weeks (yeah!!!!!), and I am booked for the stingrays/island tour, but after reading some of the posts for the reefs rays and rum point I am wondering if that would be a better option. Also, when you did the rays, did Nativeway take you to sandbar where you are able to stand? I heard there are two spots, one in deep water and one on a sandbar.

Thanks,

Shannon

The island tour part was done pretty quickly. We did stop at the turtlefarm for awhile. That was pretty cool. The trip to Hell took all of 10 minutes- believe me- you don't need much more than that. Then we just stopped at the Rumcake store to sample rum and cake and then a chance to buy.

The stingray was the best part. And yes, we were only a little over waist deep. They were great with us. Only a group of 18. They made sure we all got to hold them, and feed them, and yes- kiss them . I needed that 7 years of good luck doing so! Even my sister who doesn't usually do these things enjoyed it.

If it was my husband, daught, and I- we would probably do the Rum Point. We were with a group of older family who do not do beaches or snorkeling or drinking. It was a beautiful day and on a beautiful island so I would enjoy anything we did there!

Archived