any tours that goes to the Turtle farm, Rum factory, Hell, stringray sandbar

darthwolf

Are there any local tours that goes to all these places?

I was thinking about the Princess Cruises excursion:

we will be there from 10am - 7pm - Jan 25 2006

Island Highlights & Stingray Sandbar Snorkeling: $69.00 - 4.5hrs

Make the most of your day on Grand Cayman by combining many of the island’s favorite attractions in a shore and sea excursion.

Board your air-conditioned van and drive down the famed Seven Mile Beach past the historic Old Homestead en route to the Turtle Farm. Tour the world’s only commercial green sea turtle hatchery and see sea turtles ranging in size from tiny hatchlings to 600-pound adults. Stop at one of the island’s local rum cake factories and sample its goods before proceeding to Hell. This small tourist village is surrounded by unusual rock formations that once led an island commissioner to exclaim, "This must be what Hell looks like." Prepare your mail with postage in advance (Caymanian stamps available on board); letters and postcards mailed here are postmarked "Hell." End your day with a cooling snorkel expedition to famed Stingray Sandbar. A local Caymanian boat transports you to this offshore and bar where you can snorkel, feed, and interact with dozens of graceful Southern stingrays. Snorkel equipment including vest, professional instruction, supervision, food for rays, and a complimentary beverage included. Upon returning to shore you will continue the island drive back to town.

SPECIAL NOTES

The minimum age required to participate is 8 years old. Tour sequence may vary. Stingray Sandbar lies a few miles offshore. Water depth at the entry point from the boat is 6 to 10 feet. Depth on the sandbar averages from 3 to 4 feet deep.

This past summer when we went to Grand Caymen we got off the ship and found a tour everywhere that one went execpt the stingray sandbar and for some reason I want to say it was $15 per person. I know it was less money than the same tour from HAL would have been. I've heard in most ports it is better to get off the ship and get a tour on your own.

Archived