Pre-Cruise Request egg crate topper / electric fan

Russ_MT

First time MSC cruisers here.

We have sailed mostly RCL and can request an egg crate topper and electric fan pre cruise. This has worked out well as after boarding, often they aren't available.

Does MSC allow for such a pre-cruise request? If so, how?

We enjoy extra egg crate toppers and a fan in the cabin.

We are in YC, does that help our chances?

If MSC do mattress toppers you will need to contact the special needs department to request one , I myself have found the MSC beds the best for comfort. Why do you need a fan? there is air conditioning. I would doubt you would be able to get a fan its not something I would have thought you could get but again worth asking the special needs department

First time MSC cruisers here.

We have sailed mostly RCL and can request an egg crate topper and electric fan pre cruise. This has worked out well as after boarding, often they aren't available.

Does MSC allow for such a pre-cruise request? If so, how?

We enjoy extra egg crate toppers and a fan in the cabin.

We are in YC, does that help our chances?

I do understand your need for fan, we have family members same need. I would fill out the special needs form and request one. YC will do their very best for you.

Regarding topper, do the same except we always get a topper, forgot this time and the bed was wonderful!!! Same as we have at home and we suffer from arthritis and need special mattress. Really MSC has gone overboard on the mattresses.

Edited by skt4cruise
added

Why do you need a fan? there is air conditioning. I would doubt you would be able to get a fan its not something I would have thought you could get but again worth asking the special needs department

The fan is mostly for white noise and sleeping. We also have a white noise app on our cell phone, but the fan is nice for air movement. We sleep better when it's cool and there is slight air movement and the sound in the room.

Royal Caribbean would provide us a big ol' box fan waiting for us in the cabin. They discourage you from bringing plug in devices so we'd request it before boarding.

My wife also has a small battery fan she brings. We live in a cool dry climate and in December the humid heat takes us a while to get acclimated to.

Glad to hear the mattresses are good. RCL mattresses were hit and miss. Some ships were great, others not so much. NCL Haven mattresses were fantastic. Again, ordering it pre-cruise gave us the option if we needed it. Once we boarded, they were all gone.

--Russ

• 5 months later...

I'm curious about this, too.  I use a fan for the white noise.  Cell phone apps work in a pinch. 

If it's allowed, I would even buy a cheapo one in Miami and leave it when I debark.  I've done this on other lines.  Not sure if MSC would allow it, though. 

Edited by SeaTheW0rld