Nassau Or Cozumel???

cruisin81

Hi All-

Planning a cruise for myself and several girlfriends. Am between Carnival's Freeport/Cayman Islands/Cozumel 6-nighter and Carnival's Nassau/Half Moon Cay/Turks Island 5-nighter.

I really wanna see Nassau! But mainly for the Atlantis. I know Cozumel is supposed to be great too, plus the boat docks there 'till 11pm which I like. I also like the extra day at sea.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!! Appreciate it!!:)

This is a tough call. If you really want to get to Nassau so that you can visit Atlantis, then your decision is made. Freeport is a very poor second cousin of Nassau with less to do and fewer shopping choices. But Cozumel outshines both of them for nightlife and cheaper prices for everything! Cayman Islands are unique but Grand Turk is a new destination opened just this year by Carnival Corporation and thus remains undiscovered much like Belize and Roatan were just a few years ago.

If it was me, I'd pick the cruise that includes Grand Turk solely because it would be a new destination and country for my list. Nassau seems to be your overriding factor. You've not mentioned the ships involved and that could sway me as well. As I said, tough call.

BobK/Orlando

Thanks! I would like to see nassau, but I'm a little disappointed the cruise only stays there from 10am-7pm. But I guess people would probably rather come back around then for the dinners/entertainment that you're paying for anyway through the cruise.....

Archived