Balcony cabin for four

whoah

It has been a long time since I’ve sailed Carnival and am I starting to research Carnival and Princess.

I am trying to find out the room configuration of the newer Carnival ships that sail the Caribbean, that has balcony and sleeps two adults and two kids. I was very disappointed to find that Princess puts top bunks above the split parents bed :( Why in the world does Princess think the adults want to sleep bunk bed style.

What is the room configuration options for four?

Rooms are different, but there are rooms where the couch has a bunk bed that drops from the ceiling. Ask your TA or VP to find this configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess my TA was pretty worthless on that point. What TA specializes in Carnival and would know this? What’s VP?

We love Carnival's balconies for 4. We've been on several ships and we either had the parents' bed(s), an upper pullman, and a lower pullman *or* the parents' bed(s), an upper pullman, and a lower sleeper sofa (single).

Either way, the upper was never over our beds. I have seen interior staterooms set up differently.

We have 2 teens now and they would never share a pull-out sofa, which is why we won't be sailing Royal Caribbean any time soon...it is very hard to find a balcony stateroom on that line where the kids wouldn't be sharing a bed.

It really depends on the room and ship. Some may have 2 twins (convert to King), a pull man that sleeps 1 and a sofa bed that sleeps 1 (it will sleep 2 if they are small/med children and you wont have to use the pullman)

You can find this info as you book online. When you select your room, it will tell you if the room have a sofa bed or 2 Pullmans.

Also, if you download the ships deckplan it will tell you the room types in the ledger of the deck plan.

We've sailed on both the Conquest and the Magic with our two kids. Each time my husband and I had a king, and the boys had bunk style beds; the sofa and a pullman bed over the sofa. The only thing to watch out for is if you're on the side of the bed closest to the ladder... you can run into in the middle of the night if you're not fully awake on your way to the bathroom...

I looked at Princess also and was very discouraged from sailing on their ships as a family because of their room design for 4 people.