Advice: Traveling with a 1 year old

MermaidM0mma

Hi everyone!

We sail next month on Horizon and couldn't be more excited.

For those of you who have traveled with toddlers: have you ever taken an inflatable toddler bed? Found one on amazon and just wanted to see if that was something someone had taken before. I know pack and plays are offered in the cruise but we are staying in a inside stateroom. I'm trying to maximize our space as much as possible.

TIA! :cool:

I've never tried an inflatable bed, not sure my daughter would have really stayed in it anyways. I did ask them to put the pack & play away during the day, and then set it back up at the turn down service. My daughter was a champ stroller napper, so we didn't need it during the day.

Hi everyone!

We sail next month on Horizon and couldn't be more excited.

For those of you who have traveled with toddlers: have you ever taken an inflatable toddler bed? Found one on amazon and just wanted to see if that was something someone had taken before. I know pack and plays are offered in the cruise but we are staying in a inside stateroom. I'm trying to maximize our space as much as possible.

TIA! :cool:

Not much room.

Our first cruise my youngest was 7 months. We did a pack and play/cosleep situation. Our older two were 4 and 5 that trip. We took an umbrella stroller and out little one slept most evenings while we did dinner, drinks, etc and the older ones were in the kid's clubs. It was different than how we cruise now but it was wonderful for what we were looking for at the time-family and grownup time after a year deployment. The next time we cruised our youngest was old enough for kid's clubs and every year since it's gotten better and easier! (Although this year willbe our first with connecting rooms, they are now 7, 10, and 11!)

Even more dangerous than "co-sleeping" on land is doing it on a moving ship.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/cosleeping-kills-babies-in-florida-every-year-9949850

Co-sleeping is risky with very young infants, but I have to assume that by a year old the risk is pretty well eliminated.

For the OP's own sanity, though, I suspect an inflatable toddler bed is a good solution.

Co-sleeping is risky with very young infants, but I have to assume that by a year old the risk is pretty well eliminated.

For the OP's own sanity, though, I suspect an inflatable toddler bed is a good solution.

Nope, not until the child's bulk is equal to the parents. Too easy for a child's face to get pin so they can't breathe and they will not have the strength to push off the adult or even to flail hard enough to awaken the adult.