Chank and swim

mrrick747

I'm looking for a little information for my daughter. My wife and I were at Chankanaub last year and rembered paying a set fee for taxi. I remember seeing a taxi chart that showed all the fares, and was hoping to find that again, also thinking about a nice beach stop for her to go to after chankanaub. She has never been in the carribean so I figured a snorkel at Chankanaub, then soft sand walk in beach would make a great day for her. What beach suggestions do you have and taxi fares ? to make this a 2 stop day for her. Shes coming in on the southern pier, i believe, on Carnival?
thanks, Rick

We were at Chanakaab in March 2003 and loved it. We docked at the Playa Mayan? Pier with the Carnival Triumph. I believe the cab fare was $6 each way. Also, with the new Paradise Beach Club, that would be a great place to go after Chanakaab. We loved Chanakaab. It was the highlight of our cruise! Lots of information on Paradise Beach. It's the HOT spot!!

Here are some taxi fares that might help you out:[url]http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/links/taxifares.php[/url].
There is a big price board at the taxi loading area at the Puerta Maya pier, I believe all the Carnival ships dock here.
Puerta Maya pier to PB was $12 about 3 weeks ago & Chank. was actually between the two so would be a little less than that.

[b][size=3][color=darkslateblue]Went to Chankanaab last September. Taxi from Puerto Maya pier was $10 (for up to 4pp). Entrance fee is $12pp, and well worth it. I just posted a lengthy reply on the "[color=blue]Chank, Xcaret or Paradise Beach[/color]" thread.[/color][/size][/b]

Archived