Legend of the Seas Questions...

Just booked a Grand Suite (8010) on the Legend of the Seas for December. I have some questions for those of you who have been on the Legend of the Seas, especially those of you who have also been on the Carnival Miracle.

I've done lots of reading and still need to know...

1-Do they have Sushi on board?

2-What are the services that the concierge provides?

3-Can you order liquor to be delivered to your cabin from Royal Caribbean (I did that with Carnival last month via phone, even though it was not offered on the website)?

4-What is the embarkation process for the Legend in Tampa when you have GS or higher?

5-How does the Legend of the Seas compare to Carnival Miracle? (for those of you who have been on both)

6-How is the program for kids (7 yo daughter)?

7-Are there robes in the rooms? We will be C&A Gold level.

8-On Royal Caribbean, can you still order the dinner menu for room service during the dinner seating? (We did that on the Enchantment 6 of 7 nights)

9-Do they have DVD players in the suites yet?

10-Is there a Johnny Rockets on the Legend? The RCCL website showed a picture of one on Legend, but didn't see where it could be.

Thanks!!

Just returned from the Legend on 12/31. Not much of a drinker or a C&A member, but I can answer a couple questions based on our stay in suites 8013 and 8015 (kids).

1) We didn't see any sushi on the Legend.

4) We arrived in Tampa early and got onboard around 11..no lines, no waiting and we aren't C&A members. Disembarking also went very smoothly...off by 8:30am (second or third group off)

6) My 10 yo enjoyed the kids program very much (9-11yo group). The 6-8yo did similar things except they had a pirate night which my son did not. I believe they do more arts/crafts and 9-11 does more science stuff in addition to the normal theme nights (carnival, space, survivor,etc.), gaga ball (my sons favorite), tag games, etc.

7) I believe there are robes in the suites or they are available upon request.

8) Didn't use room service but I think the answer is yes.

9) No DVD in our room...don't know about suites.

10) No Johnny Rockets or alternative restaurant other than Windjammer and a Ben and Jerry's ice cream counter (Deck 6).

There is no concierge on Legend. No Johnny Rockets either.

Yes, you can order the dinner menu from room service.

Robes - if they aren't in your suite when you get there, ask for them.

Liquor - you can no longer have bottles sent to your room on RCI. If you want liquor in your room, you either need to go to a bar and order a drink, order a drink from room service, or sneak alcohol on.

I know on Rhapsody, we only saw sushi in the Windjammer, and that was only one time at dinner hours. It is probably very similar on the Legend so if you are interested in it go look in the Windjammer at dinner time to see if they have it.

I just got back from the Legend's New Years cruise. I'll answers as best I can and I'll have a full review posted by the end of the week.

They did on the last night in the buffet and also at the Platinum/Diamond C&A party. It may be available in the Windjammer on other nights as well' date=' but I'm not sure as we only went there on the last night, although we still got dessert from the dining room to go.[/quote']

No concierge or lounge onboard.

3-Can you order liquor to be delivered to your cabin from Royal Caribbean (I did that with Carnival last month via phone' date=' even though it was not offered on the website)?[/quote']

Not available any longer.

4-What is the embarkation process for the Legend in Tampa when you have GS or higher?

As a Platinum C&A member' date=' we were also in the priority line as you will be. From drop off to boarding the ship was maybe 15 minutes at the max. We arrived around 11:35/11:40 and were onboard by noon, even with the welcome aboard photos. If you arrive later, there might be more of a delay as the crowd builds, but not likely that much greater. If you want to be able to walk right onboard, however, I wouldn't arrive much before 11:30 or so unless you want to wait.

5-How does the Legend of the Seas compare to Carnival Miracle? (for those of you who have been on both)

I haven't been on the Miracle, but I can tell you that she is well cared for and well layed out so it's easy to get anywhere you want to go.

We don't have kids' date=' but did walk around the upper deck that looked onto the kids' program. They always seemed to be having fun at night.

You should get thick, embroidered robes for being in a suite.

8-On Royal Caribbean' date=' can you still order the dinner menu for room service during the dinner seating? (We did that on the Enchantment 6 of 7 nights)[/quote']

The complete menu is not available, but a good portion of it is. Tune to Channel 41 to see what is being offered for dinner that night as it is based on the dining room menu. That's how we always knew what was going to be offered in the dining room that night.

I don't know the answer to this one' date=' but I did notice that they had nice sized TVs when I walked by when the door was opened. Looked to be 27" or bigger; much better than the 13" in the regular cabins.

10-Is there a Johnny Rockets on the Legend? The RCCL website showed a picture of one on Legend, but didn't see where it could be.

There isn't and there probably won't be as there isn't room. However, they do have the Solarium Grill for burgers, fries, etc., a Lattetudes with a very limited coffee menu compared to the rest of the fleet, and a Ben & Jerry's, although the flavors were limited on our cruise and we didn't indulge as a result, even with a coupon.

Just booked a Grand Suite (8010) on the Legend of the Seas for December. I have some questions for those of you who have been on the Legend of the Seas' date=' especially those of you who have also been on the Carnival Miracle.

Congratulations on booking a GS. They have a good feel for the amount of room in the cabin, as well as you can curtain the bedroom area off from the living room, and have a large bathroom.

I've done lots of reading and still need to know...

They do, but only on special nights.

There are none as there is no concierge on the Legend.

3-Can you order liquor to be delivered to your cabin from Royal Caribbean (I did that with Carnival last month via phone, even though it was not offered on the website)?

Yes, as offered before, but you can also ask the Head of Guest Services for a full bottle. The cost of normal liquor in a suite is $60.00 per bottle. RCCL does not advertise this, and it's not allowed in anything less than a GS.

Head for the suite line.

Have not sailed on the Miracle, so have no idea.

There should be the best of RCCL robes in your suite. If not, ask your cabin attendent.

8-On Royal Caribbean, can you still order the dinner menu for room service during the dinner seating? (We did that on the Enchantment 6 of 7 nights)

Absoutely!

Not sure in the GS. Ask RCCL.

No!

Thanks!![/quote']

Hope this is some help. I know that you received answers from a few other knowledgeable CC members. The Legend of the Seas is a favorite as we have sailed on her 4 times, all being in the same cabin.

Rick

I won't repeat the answers from everyone else, but add that I sailed legend in a JS in December.. I saw Sushi in the windjammer a couple of times, but wasn't really paying attention because I don't eat it. I never saw it in the dining room. We didn't get robes, but I understand we could have asked for them. Embarkation was very quick for those of us that arrived early or those who arrived late, but the poor folks in the middle (12-2) had quite a long wait from what I heard. We were allowed to order anything from the dinner menu from room service, even though it wasn't technically on the room service menu which was playing on the tv. I just went down to the dining room and looked at the posted menu, and wrote down what I wanted.

most of your questions have been answered, but if i were choosing again carnival miracle wins hands down , even if it was twice the price

Someone who has been on both! Thank you for the first hand knowledge. What did you like better about the Miracle than the LOS?

Someone who has been on both! Thank you for the first hand knowledge. What did you like better about the Miracle than the LOS?

i think a combination of many things .it was our first cruise ,the miracle was only a few months old ,the staff were very helpfull and courteous(we live in the uk and are not used to such a high level of service as usa citizens get) fellow passengers (maily usa) were great very funny really enjoying the cruise ,and extremley friendly to us and our children ,frankensteins disco was a blast ,so too the water slde, and the pool areas . i had no complaints whatsoever on the miracle . maybe if we had cruised los. from tampa with more happy go lucky americans i may have enjoyed it better(see my review legend of the seas august 05 on ship reviews) but it is always going to be hard for a (then) 10 year old ship to be better than one that was only around 5 months old. do not let my views put you or anyone else off the legend ,put it this way i wish i was on it now

i think a combination of many things .it was our first cruise ,the miracle was only a few months old ,the staff were very helpfull and courteous(we live in the uk and are not used to such a high level of service as usa citizens get) fellow passengers (maily usa) were great very funny really enjoying the cruise ,and extremley friendly to us and our children ,frankensteins disco was a blast ,so too the water slde, and the pool areas . i had no complaints whatsoever on the miracle . maybe if we had cruised los. from tampa with more happy go lucky americans i may have enjoyed it better(see my review legend of the seas august 05 on ship reviews) but it is always going to be hard for a (then) 10 year old ship to be better than one that was only around 5 months old. do not let my views put you or anyone else off the legend ,put it this way i wish i was on it now

I think the only people who notice what's "missing" from Legend are folks that have sailed some of the newer, larger ships. It's not that the ship feels particularly old (granted, some of the decor has a decidedly 80s feel), and it's certainly not that it's in bad condition - it's held up remarkably well, especially considering the number of people that pass through her every year.

As much as I enjoy the newer ships, I also would not hesitate to sail Legend (or any other vision-class ship) again, particularly since they tend to carry lower prices than their newer sisters.

We sail on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian and enjoy different ships on each of these cruiselines.

We sailed on Legend of the Seas in March 2005 from Honolulu to Ensenada for ten nights. I felt this ship was not the best choice for a ten night cruise because it does not have any specialty restaurants. The food onboard was much too salty--many people agreed on that. We had a waiter who made us wait and wait for service. After 3 nights of bad service, we stopped eating in the dining room and settled for the buffet--which wasn't bad but can't compare to the Windjammer in RCCL newer ships like Jewel of the Seas. One thing that bothers me about RCCL ships is that they don't have hand sanitizing machines at the entrance to the buffet--don't like handling utensils if others haven't sanitized.

One thing we did love on Legend of the Seas was the wonderful indoor pool in the solarium. It is the best solarium of any ship I've been on. There is also a fantastic rear balcony for sunbathing behind the Spa that is quiet and private if you want time away from kids and the noise poolside. The chaise lounges have comfy mats on them.

I appreciate the comparison. I was on the Enchantment of the Seas when it was only a couple of weeks old' date=' so understand the new vs. old ship scenario. Our Legend cruise will be out of Tampa.[/quote']

how ironic is that ,the day you reply to me is the same day i book enchantment of the seas.

how ironic is that ,the day you reply to me is the same day i book enchantment of the seas.

I saw you had already updated your signature. We really enjoyed that ship and have been wanting to go on it again to experience it post surgery. We will probably go this summer, but we have to wait until final payment due date to see what opens back up.

Our Legend of the Seas booking came from checking out the Freedom of the Seas, but we got a Grand Suite for more than $1000 less than a balcony on the Freedom. Twice as much room for less money, five minutes from home instead of six hours...didn't even think twice.

I saw you had already updated your signature. We really enjoyed that ship and have been wanting to go on it again to experience it post surgery. We will probably go this summer' date=' but we have to wait until final payment due date to see what opens back up.

Our Legend of the Seas booking came from checking out the Freedom of the Seas, but we got a Grand Suite for more than $1000 less than a balcony on the Freedom. Twice as much room for less money, five minutes from home instead of six hours...didn't even think twice.[/quote']

now you are scaring me,i am presuming you live 5 minutes from tampa ,is it really 6 hours drive to miami. we have booked 8 days in orlando pre cruise and i have to drive to fort lauderdale on the day of embarkation. i checked out mapquest , and the estimated time is 3 hours 15 minutes any advice on this would be greatlly appreciated

now you are scaring me,i am presuming you live 5 minutes from tampa ,is it really 6 hours drive to miami. we have booked 8 days in orlando pre cruise and i have to drive to fort lauderdale on the day of embarkation. i checked out mapquest , and the estimated time is 3 hours 15 minutes any advice on this would be greatlly appreciated

Yes, I live in Tampa. It takes us about 4 hours to get to Ft. Lauderdale depending on route and traffic. Miami is about 6 hours from Tampa depending on traffic which makes it a toss up on whether to fly or drive.

Make sure you leave Orlando by 7 a.m. That way you can hit a snag on the intersate and still be there by noon.

Archived