How would I go about....???

AlwayzCruising

I am a little confused at how to go about doing this and I'm not sure if I understand the posts that I have read about it from before... Sooo... Basically, we already have a cruise booked for Sept. for 2 of us on the Spirit to Alaska... I recently started thinking about taking the kidlets with us... With there being 3 of them and 2 of us, I know that on the Spirit we would need 2 rooms, we already have a balcony booked and would like to get the kids in a interior, if that is possible. I have heard of families going together where, they put the kids in the interior room and they take the balcony room... But what I'm wondering about is since the rules say that you have to have an "adult or guardian" in the room and all the kids are under 18, how do you go about getting the kids into the interior room?? Do I need to book an adult in the interior room for paper sake or is there a way that they can link the 2 rooms together and book the kids in one room?? Maybe I don't understand how to go about doing it... Thanks for the advice

When you make the intial booking, book yourself in one cabin and your husband in another. Once you're on board, they don't care as long as there is not any trouble with the children's behavior. Alot of people do this. We've done it with connecting cabins. We personally are not comfortable with across the passageway and prefer an open door between the two cabins.

The downside to either is that you will be paying full fare for 4 passengers and getting 3/4 price on only one child.

Since the names you'll be adding and the changes you'll be making are same last name, Carnival shouldn't have any problem doing it.

Well, it can't hurt to call Carnival and ask them. They did change names on cabins less than a week before sailing once. They said that they were making an exception due to the amount of cruises we had done with them...whatever. All that says to me is that they're willing to change.;)

When you book, first ask to have the kids booked in their own cabin Carnival isn't very consistant about enforcing the rule about kids under 21 in cabins by themselves. They allowed me to book my 2 teens in the same cabin with us across the hall. If they refuse, then book a parent in each cabin and do the switch at the pursers desk after you board.

Archived