Nearest Avis to Intenational Pier?

HP_Lovecraft

AVIS lists 4 facilities in Cozumel:

CZM - Cozumel Intl Airport
CZ3 - Av. Jaurex #140, Downtown
C1Z - Fiesta Americana Hotel
GN8 - Terminal Martima/Fiscal

I know the airport is far, but which is the closest to the International Pier?
My ship, the Century, usually docks there.

-Nick

Just back on the Inspiration and we docked at the International Pier. The closest is the GN8 - Terminal Martima/Fiscal which is located at the Pier next to the international Pier. Walk through the International Pier and out the front gate. Turn left and walk down the sidewalk a couple of blocks until get to the entrance to the next Pier. There is a circle drive way in front of the building. Turn left into the first entrance and then you will see all of the rental cars to your left. To the left of the building there is a coutyard that is fenced in with a large iron fence and gate. Avis is located in the back left corner of the courtyard. You can just walk through the gate to get there. There will be plenty of rental car people running around to point you in the right direction. We had no problem w/Avis and had a really good time driving around Coz on our own.

Thanks!

Thats exactly what I was looking for.
All the different piers in Cozumel have me rather confused. Is there 2? 3? 4?

Plus, I know my ship, the Century, doesn't always land at the international pier.

I might not bother with a reservation, and just rent when I get there. It will save the headache of docking on a pier different from the one I rented the car at.

Also. I just noticed EXCEUTIVE has a car-rental at the International Pier. They are much cheaper, and seem like a good alternative.

Nick

I beleive there are 3 piers. There is one downtown and then the international pier and the one right next to it.

I made a reservation with Avis on line just in case. They did not require any credit card info or require any type of deposit to make a reservation so I figured it couldn't hurt to have one even if I ended up not using it.

We went with Avis because they had the type of car that we wanted. I wanted to rent a Jeep Wrangler and I think Executive only had Geo Trackers. I would gladly pay a few extra bucks for the Wrangler.

I'm in the exact same position.
I'd like to rent a Jeep Wrangler, but I don't want a GEO. There is a pretty huge difference between the 2.

Most travel websites say they might substitute a GEO for the JEEP if they need to.

Anyway. Just reserved with Avis... don't want to get stuck with a GEO!

Nick

Archived