How to loose weight on Princess crusie

Dena

Hi there,

We diet very strictly before a cruise! We have our weight down quite well, and we go downhill from there with all the lovely Princess food!

My DH put on around 12 pounds on our last 20 day cruise, and I gained about 10.

We do walk everywhere and dance a LOT each night, so we put it down to too much good living and lots of goodies we don't usually have at home..:D

Mind you, it also came off quite quickly as well post cruise.

Very interesting about the green tea supplements, we may look into that one.

The swelling...my ankles swell every cruise I take from the 2nd day on.

Last time my Dr gave me a mild fluid tablet, which did help..it seemed much improved that time, so will be taking them again this time.

We are with Gottocruise on the 28 day cruise..so wish us luck..darn those cocktails, pizzas, desserts etc..hee hee

Happy cruising everyone..

S&D

redclam.gif.3140888d2887c3b58cb2d8d14e49e31f.gif

Hi there,

We diet very strictly before a cruise! We have our weight down quite well, and we go downhill from there with all the lovely Princess food!

My DH put on around 12 pounds on our last 20 day cruise, and I gained about 10.

We do walk everywhere and dance a LOT each night, so we put it down to too much good living and lots of goodies we don't usually have at home..:D

Mind you, it also came off quite quickly as well post cruise.

Very interesting about the green tea supplements, we may look into that one. I am also going to try to leave some food on my plate at meals, wish me luck!!:)

The swelling...my ankles swell every cruise I take from the 2nd day on.

Last time my Dr gave me a mild fluid tablet, which did help..it seemed much improved that time, so will be taking them again this time.

We are with Gottocruise on the 28 day cruise..so wish us luck..darn those cocktails, pizzas, desserts etc..hee hee

Happy cruising everyone..

S&D

I've been on 15 or more cruises and never, ever lose weight. Probably because I watch what I eat at home, but cruising is bordering on a free for all - especially since someone else is cooking. And yes, after Atkins, one or two rolls and some pasta will have you gain tons of weight.

However, I have joined weight watchers and am losing steadily, although slowly. I almost dread my upcoming caribbean cruise because if I'm not diligent about my points every day, the scale doesn't move. I suppose this will motivate me to keep on target and your suggestions are very welcome. I already go to the gym almost daily so, at least I can watch the ocean as I eliptical orbit away. Thanks everyone. :)

I battle my weight all the time but on a cruise, I always loose 2 to 4 lbs. I eat anything I want but take the stairs most of the time and we do alot of walking and swimming on our tours. We are on a 14 day cruise so I am hoping to loose some weight there. I think it is because we eat good food and don't have much time to snack in between meals. There is an abundance of fruit available and the dinners are served in the right proportions and served slowly, allowing you to feel full faster. ... Works for me!
You've got the gist of every diet - eat healthy and get LOTS of exercise. And you don't really have to skip dessert.:rolleyes:

I've lost weight on several cruises because my normal engineering lifestyle is sedentary and my cruise lifestyle is a lot of walking and swimming and dancing. We drink more water on board, as well, which helps.

S&D

Do you mind telling me what your doctor gave you as I want to ask mine for some.

I've had such a terrible time with my feet the last two year's - I have a size 5 foot that swells so that I must wear a 61/2 by the end of the week and that is an open shoe to boot.

I've been on 28 cruises and never had a problem until the last 2 yrs.

Maybe Menopause????

thanks

Don't understand why someone would decide they are going to start a diet on a cruise, just to see if they can lose weight while on a cruise???? I do understand if one tries to lose weight prior to a cruise. I understand maintaining a diet you may already be on. It's not really for me to understand and I respect anyone who may choose a healthier lifestyle.

I honestly have not gained more than 2 pounds on a cruise. I have to watch the old cholesterol which eliminates a lot of everything. On a cruise, I behave at breakfast but eat what I want the rest of the meals. The portions are not huge which helps. I do take the stairs up & down if I'm not carrying a package. Walking also helps.

Diane

You've got the gist of every diet - eat healthy and get LOTS of exercise. And you don't really have to skip dessert.:rolleyes:

I've lost weight on several cruises because my normal engineering lifestyle is sedentary and my cruise lifestyle is a lot of walking and swimming and dancing. We drink more water on board, as well, which helps.

I've lost weight on every cruise I've ever been on without trying. We don't purposely skip any meals, although sometimes it works out that way.

I eat a full breakfast, with some egg, bacon or sausage, some fruit, sometimes some cereal, either at the buffet or sit down. If we are in port, we'll do a lot of walking, or go to the beach and do some swimming. In port, lunches tend to be skimpy - I don't want to pay a lot on shore for something I can get "free" on board - so maybe an order of fries - or if we are on an excursion with food I'll stick to the fruit (they usually have a lot of buffet style food on excursions and I worry about what's in what - the fruit, if whole, I know what I'm getting). On board, I'll usually get a hamburger or slice of pizza for lunch after having a couple of strawberry daiquiris or margaritas. And I might have another drink if I go to play bingo ;) .

Dinner, I always eat salad, usually get an appetizer, skip any dinner rolls/breadsticks (if I eat that, I won't have room for dessert), have maybe half of my main course (if I eat it all, no room for dessert ;) ), and half of one or two desserts. Beverages at meals are water and coffee - by choice.

I always take the stairs up and down if I am by myself on the ship and I am the designated "fetcher" if anyone forgets anything, needs something checked with the purser, etc. and we often do three laps around promenade deck a day. I don't do any between meal munching, but that isn't something I normally do at home, either. I think it is upping the ante on moving more

and eating slower (so having less room for the main course and dessert) that really helps.

Archived