Frontier Airlines?

funcorn

The fly a pretty new fleet of Airbuses (A319's if memory serves). I've heard their seat pitch is on the tight side, but nothing worse than Air Tran.

If I was flying from Atlanta, I'd be looking at non-stop options from there on Air Tran or Delta instead of something going to another hub first. Depending on where you want to go, of course.

According to their January 5, 2006 press release: Currently in its 12th year of operations, Denver-based Frontier Airlines is the second largest jet service carrier at Denver International Airport, employing approximately 4,600 aviation professionals. With 49 aircraft and the youngest Airbus fleet in North America, Frontier offers 24 channels of DIRECTV® service in every seatback along with 33 inches of legroom in an all coach configuration. (http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060105/dcth063.html?.v=26)

Statistics are also favorable in the latest Air Travel Consumer Report released by the US DOT. In Nov. 2005, they had 0.59 complaints per 100,000 enplanements. This placed them ninth out of 20 carriers (average is 0.64). They did very well on involuntary denied boardings. In the period July-Sept. 2005, they had 0.17 denied boardings per 10,000 passengers while the top 20 airlines had an average of 0.73.

As you may already know, they operate 3 nonstop flights from Atlanta to Denver daily.

Thanks, everyone, for your info. I decided to book Frontier. Changing in Denver won't be much of a problem because each leg of the flight is @3 hours. It'll give us a chance to stretch our legs a little (45 minutes between flights each way). We got a really good deal thru Travelocity and that was the deciding factor. Non-stop flight on Delta (if they're flying in May) would be 5 hrs. and about $300 more for the 2 of us.

We've never flown on Frontier. I was flipping channels last night & found a show on The Travel Channel. It was called Flight Attendants School. The school was in Denver. Very interesting. It reminded me of the Airline show. I had never seen it before so I have no idea how long it's been on or if I happen to hit the 1st one. It continues next week. Has anyone else seen the show?

Gail

Flight Attendants School

USA Today had this to say about the program: Beginning this Thursday, the Travel Channel will debut Flight Attendant School –- an 18-episode series that follows the efforts of about 40 candidates trying to navigate their way through Frontier Airlines’ six-week flight attendant training program. (http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/frontier_airlines/) I believe the first show is repeated again on Sunday at 1 pm EST.

Didn't get the chance to post earlier, but you should be pleased with your Frontier flight.

As a Coloradan (till a year ago :( ) I love Frontier! The planes are great, the crew has a great attitude and usually adds some fun to the annoucements. It does have Direct TV but there is a $5 fee. With connecting flights, you may want to see if paying on the first leg will cover you on the next.

DIA is a great airport to spend time in.

Have a terrific trip!

Thanks, HightownCO! I have read mostly good things about this airline that I had not heard of before booking it. I'm from "Delta" country (Atlanta), but I was hesitant to book them; and besides, Frontier was less with a little better flight schedule.

I LOVE Frontier! Sign up for their Frequent Flyer program. 15000 miles is all they "charge" for a ticket! We signed up for the credit card last month and they gave 15000 bonus miles, that is a free ticket! That will be a lot of miles already for each you all the way from GA to Seattle.

I needed to fly last minute in Oct but was 8 miles short. They let me book it anyway and "debit" my ff account.

Go to their website and sign up for the FF program right away before you forget.

Archived